New Stanchions falling apart out of the box!!!!

BlueLIGHTNING

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Just received these today and drivers side outer weather stripping already separated and bottom rivet is broken off. Only held together at the top of stanchion panel last couple inches. Not a happy camper, passenger side on seems solid.

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you shake the box like a kid checking his presents on Xmas morning :lmao: Seriously though, you need to contact the seller and settle it with him......

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used black rtv from napa to glue them back on. Some are still that way after years of use. ***** about new parts but I think the bonding agent Mopar used was not very good...

Reaction score
We ship a lot of those (including this one) and have never seen that from Mopar before. Already ordered a replacement and will inspect it before it ships!

OP
OP
B

BlueLIGHTNING

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks VPA for prompt service! I have shipped damaged part back. Mopar needs to make this a better part because obviously they keep breaking for me and others. I guess why bother if they keep selling them like hot cakes.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They can be easily repaired while on the car. I fixed my current ones.

OP
OP
B

BlueLIGHTNING

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have crazy glued the drivers side see what happens, seems solid for now.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar needs to make this a better part because obviously they keep breaking for me and others. I guess why bother if they keep selling them like hot cakes.

LOL, Im pretty sure Mopar is not making many(if any) Gen1/2 Viper specific part any more. Those door stanchions were likely produced in a couple big batches and been sitting in stock for 10 years. Whats left in stock in the mopar warehouses and VPA is what you get. Even if you get one that looks solid i owuldnt be surprized if it split after a few in/out of hot sun heat cycles. The black silicone fix works pretty well. Mine held for a couple years. Need to re-glue now though...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte