New to the Club!!!

OP
OP
A

Alaska Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so sorry!!! Did I say "street racing"? All the racing I do is on private roads and airstrips...all legal stuff...I even take off the plates to do it....I hear you...anything like racing on the streets of Alaska or anywhere else would never be a good idea...it is just not safe!!! Yep, 55 and 65 are about the fastest I go...I should have bought another Yugo because of how slow I go. I am worried about gas mileage more than anything right now...I am looking for 30 miles a gallon with the Viper...any suggestions????

OP
OP
A

Alaska Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was running next to a bike the other week...small GSXR 600...I know it is no where near the baddest thing out there, but I pulled him and after 3rd gear it was all over. Needless to say, the guy couldn't believe it...I ran with him around 3 times and it was for real....I even gave him a head start!!! I have run into a few very quick STI'S and let me say...They are no joke!!! For such a small car, they are impressive!!! Other than that, I am just waiting for the ZO6'S...it is just a matter of time...

OP
OP
A

Alaska Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the tires maybe look up MGW and see what others goodies you can get.:D
Bells and whistles -ask for George. His shift knobs are great and we have replaced ours in all our Vipers we have had.('00, '03, & now '05). Juli and the others gave you some good advice with tires and other things on the Viper. Our first two Vipers were black-a great color!
Just in case you don't know already be sure to use the search feature at the top of the page to research-saves time and you can read some valuble threads of information.
Maybe look up the SRT Driving experiences or Viper Days if you ever get south to catch one.
This is a picture of our '03 at Whiteman Airforce base airshow 4 years ago with the KC Club.
http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=603386
Yes, we still have the letters we have saved over the years to our kids from Santa at the North Pole, Alaska. Our kids are big now-college & high school and lot's of good memories from that post mark.:) Pictures please!

Yep, Santa lives right down the road with his reindeer!!! My daughter never got the postcards because Santa always lived just a few blocks away; she would just go see him!!!

I will take some pictures with the car in front of Santa's house...that would be cool to post!!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, Alaska Viper---as you know, we don't get these cars for the gas mileage!!! If you really want to take it nice and slow while accelerating, no sudden stops, cruise control (hehehe--not included!), then you'd get good gas mileage, but we don't use these cars for gas mileage, now do we???? You actually have and can still GET Yugos???? Gosh, they used to GIVE one when you bought, I believe, a Cadillac!!!! Don't worry about mileage!
Cool--yes, a pic in front of Santa's house in Alaska would be fantastic! ~juli~

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I was just kiiding about the mileage!!! I have not seen a Yugo driving around Alaska for a while now...maybe they all died up here!

WHEW!!! You have eased my mind considerably Alaska Viper!!! :D No Yugos around here~~I believe they've been banned??? (due to *unlawfully identifying itself as an automobile* ;) ;) ;)) ENJOY~~ juli

OP
OP
A

Alaska Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not, a friend of mine long ago had a Yugo and got the thing to do over 100 mph!!! Because like you, I didn't believe him, I asked for a ride and sure enough 100 mph!!! Before that, he had a cop clock him at over 100mph, but the cop said he would write him a ticket for 75mph because no court of law would believe that a Yugo could do 100mph!!! Funny, but very true!!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, that IS impressive--wouldn't have dreamed a Yugo could do that!! THANX for 'clueing' me in! ~juli~

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alaska Viper I know of 9 Vipers in Anchorage. I had 2 just sold a RT and shipped to Washington. Still have a GTS. Good to finally get the cars out of the garage. I go to the Vette shows too but drive my 52 Chev. PU Rod. LOL. Welcome to the best car club around. How did you get AK VCA, I'm in WAVCA. AK club??
Pictures South of Anchorage 15 miles.
BelugaPointGTS_005.jpg

BelugaPointGTS_001.jpg

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

Alaska Viper I know of 9 Vipers in Anchorage. I had 2 just sold a RT and shipped to Washington. Still have a GTS. Good to finally get the cars out of the garage. I go to the Vette shows too but drive my 52 Chev. PU Rod. LOL. Welcome to the best car club around. How did you get AK VCA, I'm in WAVCA. AK club??
Pictures South of Anchorage 15 miles.
BelugaPointGTS_005.jpg

BelugaPointGTS_001.jpg
Looks like Cook Inlet on the way to Seward....and there is no AVCA-it's the Washington one-whoever put it in the sytem just used Alaska instead.:) Maybe you guys should start your own?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was at Eielson for 8 years and then got out of the military. I used to build jet engines for the F-16's, F-15's, and the A-10's...I had a fun 13 years in the military, but didn't want to leave Alaska...so I got out and stayed...

AK Viper, we have a LOT in common:

Elmendorf AFB 5 years
Lived just down river (Chena/Tanana) in Nenana
25-year Iditarod official/volunteer I know some of your neighbors.

We should talk about EVERYTHING VIPER (including 0-40 oil) and tires. The roads in your area can be so whoop-dee-doo and erattic that you of ALL people should consider run-craps anyway. CALL ME, JonB, Ill be sure to offer you a Sourdough Special on Tires and anything else.

PS. I recognize RaySirs photo as the Turnagain Arm of the Cook Inlet, near BIRD Alaska.
That area often has Beluga whales in the tidewater, and sheep on the bluff above the photo!
A truly awesome sight as the tide bores in and out......

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Alaska Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone!!! I am glad to hear from people who know the Alaskan Scenery!!! RAYSIR, Good to hear from you...Venomiss probably got it right about the Alaska VCA. I was surprised myself to see Alaska instead of Washington, but I wasn't complaining!!! JonB...it does sound like we know the same areas also!! I will check in with you about tires and add ons when the time arrives...I just bought a boat this past weekend for Valdez and Deep Creek so some money is going in that direction right now. I still need to get my pictures on the board in front of the Santa Claus House in North Pole...I am working on it!!! 9 Vipers in Anchorage..we might have to start a club up here!!!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So...Juli...interested in that Yugo yet? They are cheap!!!

:rolaugh: :rolaugh: :rolaugh: VErrrrrrrrrry cute!!! A friend of mine actually bought a Yugo years ago when they first came out, and it was like an aluminum can (a soda can), dents all OVER the place, and she could not recall ever even hitting anything!! :nono: HATED it from the start....has never been, shall we say, my cup of tea??? :smirk: .....ENJOY your new boat as well!! :D ~juli~

OP
OP
A

Alaska Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am taking a week off in July to hit the waters @ Valdez for some salmon and maybe halibut...it should turn out great!!! As for the Yugo...I have to agree with you...I never really liked 'em at all, but that 100mph thing impressed me!!! Very hard to believe, but all brands have those certain vehicles that perform well above advertised spec's...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very true--look at the Dodge Neons of past and now they're SRT-4's and outperform MANY performance cars out there....Have fun salmon/halibut fishing in your new boat!!
That must be one of the exciting things about living in Alaska, the scenery, the fishing...
don't forget to post your pics!! ~juli~

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine