New Vehicle Intro *LIVE* from Chelsea

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DETROIT -- The Chrysler Group will unveil two new vehicles live and via Webcast, a company rep said Tuesday.

The event Thursday at DaimlerChrysler’s Proving Grounds in Chelsea, Mich., 60 miles west of Detroit, will also be archived for three months.

The event is part of Chrysler’s “What’s New” program, a monthly series that generally involves a product or technology announcement.

“This year, for the first time on Webcast, we will reveal two new vehicles and rather than do it in a vacuum, we will broadcast it,” the rep said. “And there won’t be any ads, just the product.”

The 15-minute broadcast will be a full production, done through Medialink. The public can register to view the Webcast at http://media.xfactorcom.com/medialink/20060622/

Users can go to the site and pre-register, then return at 11 a.m. (EDT) on Thursday to watch the unveiling.

????????? Could it be Firepower or limited edition Viper

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aside from those two, maybe the Dodge Hornet (boxy looking small 4 door car) of which I haven't heard much yet?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
“This year, for the first time on Webcast, we will reveal two new vehicles and rather than do it in a vacuum, we will broadcast it,” the rep said. “And there won’t be any ads, just the product.”

LOL!!!! The broadcast itself is an ad! LOL, there's won't be any ads! :rolleyes:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will not be a Viper or Firepower. Expect to see the new Sebring and probably the refreshed Pacifica, however, the "boxy four door Dodge" (probably called Rebel) wouldn't surprise me.

Wouldn't you be disappointed if they didn't debut the next Viper at VOI.9 anyway?

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably the new Viper with 8cyl...ok just kidding should be interesting.

TommyLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bet is on the new Sebring Sedan and Dodge Avenger Sedan (Stratus Sedan Replacement).

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing really all that huge.

--07 Pacifica, redesigned, 4.0L V6 255hp 265 lb/ft torque goes into the new Pacifica with a 6-speed auto.

--Jeep to make deisel versions of the Wrangler (both 2 and 4 door versions)

--2007 sebring, "our promise will be the new sebring will be as good or better than any midsize sedan in the world." Worlds first (I'm sorry but I think it's funny) heated/cooled cup holder to keep your beverage warm or cold, harmon/kardon sound system (which I have to give a big thumbs up for, it's a great system I have it on my iMac), 3 engine choices. World engine with have 170hp 2.4 4cyl and will do 30 mpg. The 2nd engine is a 2.7L V6 with 190hp and with a new gasonline system where you could run regular fuel. Auto stick also available. Expect pricing to be around the Camary and such. In showrooms in September.

Other notes:
Dodge Caliber is selling like hot cakes. The plant has an 11 day supply according to Tom LaSorta.

So no viper, no Challenger, however all that was mentioned was that they have 8 all new cars set to be announced at the end of the month. Sebring, Pacifica, 2 wranglers (2-door desiel and 4-door), Nitro and that's all they mentioned.

Some of my information is probably jumbled off just a wee bit but I was trying to keep track of everything!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to blow my own horn, but see my comments above regarding the vehicles to be debuted.

Seriously, though, I'd much rather they debut a new Viper to us at VOI than show it in the middle of June at a cheesy presser.