New VIPER Classified

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is a bonus it has a warranty and it is considered relatively low mileage. However, the market and the color will not get 46k for the car imho. I would be pretty happy if that pulls 40k and takes 1-6 months to sell. Just an honest opinion from someone that watched this market closely for a long time before deciding on what to buy.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 - If you do not have a "must sell" situation, you can hold out for close to your asking price. If you are pushed to sell, you'll be lucky to see 40k. Best of luck.

:usa:

OP
OP
N

nomoreGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another big plus is that it is the first year of ABS. Thanks for the input guys. Someone is going to be super happy to find a car that is as close to new as this one is.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
46K aint gonna happen. heck not likely to see 40k, sorry but good luck. it looks clean

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You did an outstanding job on the ebay presentation for the sale. I think you hurt yourself with the starting price of 42,500. In all probability, it won't even get a bid or much look due to that.

People buying vipers right now are pretty much enthusiasts that know they can get a good deal. A little homework will show the color and price to be out-of-line with what the current market is going for. You can get a BJ motors 97 blue and white stripe gts with the Dan Craigen Package with 6400 miles for 49,500. If you NEED to sell the car, lower that reserve and don't put a starting price. I find the best way to sell on ebay is to do no reserve auctions..the market will bid and often get into "bidding wars" and the car sells for more than if there was a reserve to begin with. This car COULD get 40k given enough time.....outstanding condition, original owner, warranty and low miles could def get that...but maybe not right now..

Good luck

OP
OP
N

nomoreGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input but hardly anyone on this site or anywhere else is willing to sell their vipers for what they are worth. It is a sad state of affairs but I do this for a living. I buy these cars all the time and finding the right car for the right price is extremely tough. To replace a viper that is as clean as my dads car would be almost impossible for the price. I recently sold an 01 RT with 16k for 35,000. I have been trying to buy one as clean with similar miles for the price and there is not anyone coast to coast that is willing to sell me theirs for that. So yes it is a buyers market but to have a flawless show viper in this condition with the miles and bumper to bumper warranty this is the best deal out there.

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No reason for the defence, just an honest opinion. Reason people aren't selling for what they are worth is because buyers are dictating what they are worth. If you do this for a living and have followed the viper market you can go on ebay right now or auto trader and see which cars and selling and which ones are not. Heck look at the VCA classifieds. There are listings well over a year old and there are people trying to sell...for their "worth."

Having a 9 year old car with 6k miles isn't necessarily considered an asset by everyone. Anyone going to pony up 46k for that car is immediately going to have to replace those "stock" tires. It could have 100% tread...they aren't safe for the road. So add another 1500 for PS2's. Now after tax you are at 50k for a 2001 red viper gts.

In a better economy you can sell it for more....but even then...probably not that much.

OP
OP
N

nomoreGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree about the tires I just like it because it shows there has been no abuse. also you are 100 pct right about ebay and here on the classifieds. not offended at all by the way. thanks for the input. Also if you live in GA there is no sales tax on this car. THANKS!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala