New Viper for 2008

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know about the new Viper for 2008 that is supposed to have a 600+ V8 engine and a new body design?? Been away from the board for a while so I hope this is not old news.

sss620

Enthusiast
Reaction score
106902008_SRTC_rear-med.jpg

106902008_SRTC_front-thumb.jpg

Found these pics on-line - GEN III or GEN IV ???????

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ugh.....

There is no new information on the next gen viper. All we know is it's going to have a new hood. Nothing about motors and it being a V8, quit spreading rumors.

The car above is a Gen III SRT coupe built by ASC and McLaren as a performance example of what you can do with a new coupe. It's called the ASC Diamondback concept boosting about 600hp.

Chrysler is currently testing motor and drivetrain with regular SRT-10 converts. The only significant difference seen so far is the hood with three ovals on both sides of the front duct, facing upward and angled a bit toward the front windsheild.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a styling exercise on current car in a photo studio. Maybe some Photoshop.
Would be kind of a pain having to put some tennis balls in those intakes everytime you park your car.

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i think those are bag pipes sticking up from under the hood. this will be a great feature at car shows for playing celtic music for everyone!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Whoa don't start a big argument.................I believe bagpipes are a Scottish form of melodious music and well Celts.........that be the Irish, I do believe.

Just give the Irish a bit of Scotch, and all be well in da Werld, laddie...ha!

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge is on the right track with this car - they have to lighten it up, make more HP and stiffen up the chassis to get back in front of the Z06. Its really time for an aluminum/composite chassis like the Z06 has - talk about stiff. Lighten the car up and braking performance will improve.
Less plastic in the cockpit - a bunch of brushed aluminum would improve that area
THEN ,they need to get the price down in the weeds - under $65,000

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge is on the right track with this car - they have to lighten it up, make more HP and stiffen up the chassis to get back in front of the Z06. Its really time for an aluminum/composite chassis like the Z06 has - talk about stiff. Lighten the car up and braking performance will improve.
Less plastic in the cockpit - a bunch of brushed aluminum would improve that area
THEN ,they need to get the price down in the weeds - under $65,000

I won't be under 65K's everyone can tell you that, heck the 2007 Z06 will cost 5K more with no changes! We will be lucky if the new viper is under 100K's, just my 2 cents

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to keep the rumor mills running, it has been announced that DC has just purchased McLaren's race team. Think we will see some technology transfer to our beloved Vipers?

Anyone else believe that some of the technology/styling from DC's dormant ME4/12 program will also be showing up in future Vipers.

Hold on tight fellows, I believe the Viper is on for an epic ride.

DC has a production facility that is running below capacity. I believe they will do something spectacular to create the demand to put that plant on overtime.

Keep the faith...save up your dollars...See everyone at VOI.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Whoa don't start a big argument.................I believe bagpipes are a Scottish form of melodious music and well Celts.........that be the Irish, I do believe.

Northern Spain is all celtic as well. Bagpipers everywhere (no kilts though) in fact, the music from Braveheart was all played by Hevia, a Spaniard who developed the first electric bagpipe. Saw him in concert once, very talented.

Cheers...

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The modern bag pipes originated in Ireland, and made their way to Scottland around 400 a.d. There are differences in the design of the pipes between the two countries as well. Just FYI.

And we Irish drink Irish whisky, or Guinness, laddie! ;)

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car shown above is ASC's SEMA car. You can see more pics of it in my Woodward Status post in the RT10/GTS Forum.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sound familiar??

Diana T. Kurylko Automotive News / August 21, 2006

With sales of its Cayenne SUV slowing and a restyled model on the way, Porsche has decided to skip the 2007 model year rather than offer run-out specials.

Dealers must sell 2006 models of the Cayenne until the 2008 model debuts in early 2007 after a midcycle update.

A spokesman for Porsche Cars North America Inc. says dealers have adequate stock, including a special high-trim model that went on sale in July. It's called the Cayenne S Titanium edition because of the special exterior paint finish. Prices start at $65,715, including shipping.

"We have produced so many Cayennes that this will tide them over," says Porsche spokesman Bernd Harling. "We'll keep producing the 2006 until the end of the year."

Porsche had 1,900 Cayennes in inventory as of Aug. 1. That's a 51-day supply.

Harling says Porsche will skip the 2007 model year because it doesn't want "to confuse our customers with a short-lived or abbreviated model year."

Porsche plans to show the 2008 Cayenne at the Detroit auto show in January. Harling would not give an on-sale date for the updated model.

Sales of the Cayenne have been falling dramatically.

Last year U.S. sales fell 24.9 percent, to 13,607 units. In the first seven months of 2006, Porsche sold 6,629 Cayennes, down 14.3 percent from 7,735 a year earlier. The Cayenne went on sale in the United States in early 2003.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a great time to be a buyer of cars, but horrible to be a seller.

Lots of fantastic cars to choose from, with little waiting lines, and good selections.

New Viper Coupe is perhaps the best Viper ever produced at Conner. You can even get them at good discounts from many dealers.

Just got the word the Z06 is expecting a $5,000 price increase. Should make them about the same street price as the Viper Coupe.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

The modern bag pipes originated in Ireland, and made their way to Scottland around 400 a.d. There are differences in the design of the pipes between the two countries as well. Just FYI.

:nono:

Cheers.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ASC Viper concept is just like the earlier Viper Carbon concept.

You must be registered for see images

If you look at them as actual production cars, their mis-matched patchy looks will definitely put you off.

But these were just styling and engineering projects.
Designed and built to show how carbon fiber body panels, trunk, hood, etc, could shave 100-200 lbs off the weight of the Viper.

ASC has a history of actually building production Viper parts, and this ASC concept shows that these CF panels could be used in the regular '08 Viper or perhaps the next ACR Viper.:D

To keep the Viper competitive, it needs more power to be sure, but losing weight can only help the car.
As long as the Viper's price doesn't skyrocket in the process.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I am new to the Viper world ,and loving every minute of it. I am wondering, if this materializes with the viper 2008, how would it effect the re sale value of a 2006 coupe.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since I am new to the Viper world ,and loving every minute of it. I am wondering, if this materializes with the viper 2008, how would it effect the re sale value of a 2006 coupe.
Well, a couple of ways to look at it. A 100k 600HP Viper with a couple of changes on the front end...hood, grill...can only have a positive affect on '06 prices. When you get to the 100k arena...your customer base shrinks. If the new car comes in below 90k (it won't), then the '06 coupes will have the normal hit that all cars have.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cheers.

Slainte!
For those who speak Gaelic...

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i honestly dont think we will see much of a design change from the current gen3. dodge will make subtle changes as chevy did with the transition of the c5 to the c6 which was hardly any difference at all. lets face it there really hasnt been much of a radical design change in the past 15 years with any sports cars like there was from the 80's models to the 90's.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
watch in 2008 your going to see a freshin up, around 575-600 HP, new badging (seen on the 2006 dodge ram SRT-10), maybe a little less weight, and maybe somethin a liitle different with the interior. thats my guess and thats probly what your going to see, we'll see at VOI and the final product at the 07 detriot auto show

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang