New Viper in Town?

ViperX10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So... Is there really a new Viper in Town? Maybe...

You must be registered for see images

I've been passionate and have owned Vipers since the first model RT/10 and I've had every model since then. I haven't been very present on the Forum but some people might know me as I've been very present on the race tracks (in SoCal) and was very involved in Viperdays back in the days where it was more present on the west coast (it was the good ol'days...).
Actually, I was logging on the viperclub site to renew my membership and as I saw a link to the forum, I thought I'd drop a note. I am not going to write a book here, but I just wanted to drop a quick message and a couple of pictures.

Here's the message:

I've been preaching to the whole world of car enthusiasts for the last 19 years that the Viper was the fastest production based track car (for road racing) you could legally drive on the street.
It was very frustrating for many years to have to deal with the Porsche guys, the Ferrari guys, later the Nissan GTR guys and other Lambo, Bugatti Guys who all argued that their favorite cars were better and faster.
Thank God (and Dodge) for getting things straight by sending the ACR and recording a 7:22 on the Nurburgring and a 1:33:9 at Laguna, things finally were getting a little more clear for everyone and I didn't have to argue with the Bozos anymore, all I had to do was send then the link to the Youtube Videos. The Viper was finally the fastest production car on the market. Unfortunately, we won't get another model from Dodge in a while and I can hear the Porsche guys already saying that the 911 GT2 RS (at $245K) has already beaten the ACR on the Ring with a 7:18 (I know these guys, there's my friends) :D.
Well... I won't deny it, the numbers on the 911 GT2 RS are pretty impressive and it is what it is, it might be a little faster than an ACR.

So we all hope that Dodge will come up with a new contender soon, but until then, No Worries. Viper is still the King of the hill with the New limited production VIPER X10 :usa:

I will try to attach pictures to this post...

Track Testing will start at Willow Spring Raceway on Feb 4th. Then Laguna Seca, Cal Speedway, Hopefully (depending on budget) Road Atlanta and Nurburgring (when it will re-open in Spring).

Expect this car to set new Track records for the Viper Community that will take a long... long... time to be beaten.

Ferrari stradale, Porsche GT2/GT3 RS, Lambo Supperleggera, Audi R8 GT, Bugatti Super Sport, and all the tuners who work on these cars to make them faster (but still street legal) are welcome to setup meetings at local tracks if they want a good view on the rear license plate of the Viper X10.

I love Challenges!!! :drive:

The VIPER IS THE FASTEST PRODUCTION BASED TRACK CAR you can drive to the track!!! And it will be for a lonnnnng time now with the X10!!!

I hope the Viper community will appreciate the work (2 years of development and all the money I could gather) :D.

PS: I need your support guys. I am not good with posts and forums (obviously haven't posted much here in the last 10 years). Spread the world and let all the "others" know that the Viper is back and without any doubts the fastest thing you can get (lap times will prove it). Huh... If you don't trust me (which I can understand), just wait for the Lap times and Videos to be posted... ;)

Terry Rossi

Attachments

• DSC01100.jpg
    DSC01100.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC01106.jpg
    DSC01106.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRADULATIONS JEAN on your determination and struggle to keep the Viper as King of the Hill.......I wish you all the Good Luck in the world! Don't give up and make the Viper community proud. GO VIPER!!!! :drive: :drive: :2tu: :D :usa: :eater: :eater:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see Dodge take a 2010 ACR back to the ring, it would knock that record below 7:10, maybe even faster.......:2tu:

OP
OP
V

ViperX10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good luck! I love the way that wing mounts!

It was sure HELL to figure out how to attach the wing to the bottom Frame of the car and still be able to open the trunk!!!:crazy2:

I finally was able to post the pictures and figure out the right size...

Now have to figure out how to setup avatar :confused:

It's easier to build a viper than to post on this site :D

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
setup a paypal account, we can donate for this cause :)

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terry good to see you working on a project like this. If anyone can put a viper on top at a track it would be you.
For those of you that dont know Terry he is a very fast Frenchman that can drive anything on wheels.
Good luck

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, But can you make a Peugot go fast.

The X10 sure sounds like a job well done... Be good to hear some modification details.

OP
OP
V

ViperX10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!!

Tom,
haven't seen you in such a long time... the good ol' days... the Mumford days... Still miss him... Best time of my life...

Anyways, I'd rather not brag too much until we've done the first track test, but I am pretty confident on our "Project". We've created this car as if it was a LMS/ALMS (Le Mans Series) car, except that we haven't touched what would keep it street legal and drivable.

• So no engine mods (It'll pass smog check until the end of times)
  • No exhaust mods (we should be able to drive Laguna Seca with its crazy noise restriction).
  • Car Still has A/C, 6 CD player, Subwoofer, Power windows, Power door locks, power mirors, carpets, insulation, etc...

Quick pick at the Mods:

• 500 pounds lighter than an ACR (full Carbon Fiber body)
  • 7 inches wider than an ACR
  • Extremely Low center of Gravity
  • Improved Air flow through Radiator
  • Improved air flow through Intake Manifold
  • Biggest front Splitter that was possibly "fit-table"
  • Biggest rear Diffuser that was possibly conceivable
  • Biggest rear Wing that was possibly findable (comes from LMP1 Car)
  • suspension mechanically raising 1 or 2 inches for street driving and front splitter clearance, then lowered for the track.
  • G-force Race transmission for strength and longevity
  • Quaiffe Differential for Strength, longevity and LAP TIMES!!!
  • 6 speed completely re-calibrated for use of all gears on tracks with top speed reached on 6th at red line
  • 11 inches front wheels, 14 inches rear wheels
  • Temp gauges on dash for Transmission Temp and Differential Temp
  • Chassis reinforcements
  • Custom roll bar
  • Carbon Fiber racing battery
  • Polycarbonate rear Window

I think that it's enough for now as I haven't officially introduced the car yet... I need to do press releases and all... Luke Garrad (who brings years of LMP experience) is the Genius Carbon Fiber Master who built this prototype (and had to deal with all my crazy demands and all the technical challenges), but unfortunately now I am on my own and I am a little busy, I am the mechanic (few more mods to work on), the truck/trailer driver, the test/track driver, the pit crew, the product manager, marketing director (I like the title), the financial investor (ouch!!!), video editor, Web site designer, Article writer, etc, etc...

:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

Willow Springs Feb 4th, Laguna Seca Feb 6th... Future will tell...

Terry Rossi.

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well good, mods like no other. Sub 3000lb Viper..cool

You just gave me a good place to go on February 6... Laguna Seca

You running with NCRC on February 6?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terry, great to see you'd got it together! Looks great and I can see from your list it's a well put together viper. It was good to catch up at the holiday party. Did you rent the track @ willow on the 4th or?? Best wishes! Mike

For those who don't know Terry, the SoCal club and I can tell you he is very fast. Great example of skill beats HP. Put him in an ACRX and he might win the championship!

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terry, the Viper community is depending on you.....Kinda hard being the Butcher, The Baker and the Candlestick maker.....Very impressive....GOOD LUCK!!! :2tu: :2tu:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
500 pounds lighter than an ACR (full Carbon Fiber body)
6 speed completely re-calibrated for use of all gears on tracks with top speed reached on 6th at red line

OMG, That is some serious ****.:2tu:
Goodluck on the track. I'll be looking foward to the updates.

OP
OP
V

ViperX10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Terry, great to see you'd got it together! Looks great and I can see from your list it's a well put together viper. It was good to catch up at the holiday party. Did you rent the track @ willow on the 4th or?? Best wishes! Mike

For those who don't know Terry, the SoCal club and I can tell you he is very fast. Great example of skill beats HP. Put him in an ACRX and he might win the championship!

Mike,
Good to hear from you. I didn't rent the track for the 4th, I am just attending Willow springs Test and tune day (all I need at this point).
I will need more than a day to set it up, but it's just some simple setups (alignment, corner weight, height adjustments and aero), no matter how the setup is... It should be very fast...
Numbers don't lie. Less weight, more track width, lower center of gravity, Aero, right gear ratios, best diff. all should be good
:2tu:

The idea is to set it up on the 4th at Willow, so I can run a good lap on the 6th at Laguna... If I can pass sound (but I have another trick of mine in this area too). ;)

Hope to see you soon...

Terry.

OP
OP
V

ViperX10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well good, mods like no other. Sub 3000lb Viper..cool

You just gave me a good place to go on February 6... Laguna Seca

You running with NCRC on February 6?

Yep... Running with NCRC. Come and join me, I need help (to stick a Camera in another car to shoot the X10 for a couple of laps).

But no worries, you will be paid for your service, as the CFO of the company, I will gracefully remunerate any helper at the end of the day with... Say... A cold beer?!?

How does that sound?

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jean,
I wish you were on the East Coast so I could help you out. You seem like a very cool Viper guy. Best of luck and bon voyage. We look forward to your results.
PAVenomRT/10

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terry, You mentioned Road Atlanta. Do you plan on running there?If so let me know when maybe I'll come over and help you out.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing!!! Can't wait to see videos.

Only comment on the car from me would be the hood. I prefer having the naca duct.

Bad asp nonetheless.

A

OP
OP
V

ViperX10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Amazing!!! Can't wait to see videos.

Only comment on the car from me would be the hood. I prefer having the naca duct.

Bad asp nonetheless.

A

Agree about the hood... I love the look of the 2008 better, but the idea was to save weight, improve cooling of engine bay and increase induction air. We gather air from the main front opening now, using a new Carbon Fiber (of Course) air box. So the Naca duct was useless. This hood is incredibly LIGHT!!!

See pictures...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang