New Viper owner finds out fast that the car bothers some drivers

ourvipr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out driving in my beautiful 1500 mile 2003 Viper last weekend with my husband and this 350z comes up on my tail racing the engine. Then this guy pulls along side of us to tell us what all his car has in it. We could tell right away that he was intimidated and that he felt he had to get a point across that his nissan was fast. My husband said 3 things to this guy: 1)After all the money you spent on your z maybe you should have looked into a Viper. 2) No one asked you what you had done to your Z. 3) Which car would you rather drive? After asking him that he took off with a bad face on him. I guess your gonna get drivers out there that are going to act like that. Then you get the cool lookers like kids who whip out there cell phones and start taking pictures. We get people who come over to the car at a stop light to take video. We get thumbs up all the time, etc.
The Viper is amazing cause not only do you ever hardly see one out there but it not only gets your blood pressure up, it gets everyone elses blood pressure up as well! :headbang:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is amazing cause not only do you ever hardly see one out there but it not only gets your blood pressure up, it gets everyone elses blood pressure up as well!

I notice the only people that never notice you driver your Viper are Corvette owners.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everytime I see a corvette i wave to them and they look straight ahead like I am not there on the road with them. I have never had one wave back in 4 years.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everytime I see a corvette i wave to them and they look straight ahead like I am not there on the road with them. I have never had one wave back in 4 years.

I always tell them their number one With sign language :D

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday I had a POS early 90's Mustang GT with no muffler racing around me zooming up and braking hard and doing this several times trying to bait me into playing his little game. The only thought I had was that this ****, with all his craziness, was going to get me pulled over if some cop sees this taking place. Guilt by association was my fear. Sometimes I leave the keys on the counter and take the sedan just because I'm not in the mood for these sorts of games.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't really take offense to those types of situations but I am curious as to why folks like that always think they are impressing somebody with a more expensive car.

If I could fit it all on my car I would make a bumper sticker that said, "I own two of these. If you want to impress me meet me at Sebring."

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am polite and try to get along with ricers and the like. At least they are still car guys. At the gym a couple weeks ago this guy asked me if I was the one that had the Viper. He said he had an Evo. He eventually said he modded the car and he could beat me. I just said OK and then moved on. Saw his car in the lot last week and it did not overly impress me.

JJB500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I usually wave too, so far the only C6 driver that waved back was driving a Z06 most of the other Vette drivers wave back though! Most of the other C6 driver pretend I'm not on the road too.

418viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everytime I go out for a leisurely drive with my top down, sunday morning at 0700am I always collect billybob tailgating me in his pickup truck. Last time I went to VIR was cruising minding my own business and here comes speed racer in his cameeero and starts tailgating so I pass acouple people to get away from him. Look in my mirror and he is passing people on the double yellow in a blind curve to catch up and tailgate me. Went around a 90 degree side road and look back and he is now fishtailing into the opposing lane. So I figured this kid is going to kill himself so I just slow down under the speedlimit until I get to the the gate! Yikes what an adolescent.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I had some young boys in a Mustang race up behind me, and swerve towards my Viper, while zooming by. I guess that means something to them?

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't bother anymore with it...........too many guys who want to race. Too many challenges. I just step on it and leave them behind.

Kinda like this picture.

You must be registered for see images attach

I know, you know, we know what we have and thats all..........

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worm--That is funny

I guess living in a small town has its advantages. Very few will challenge the viper. A few at first challenged but word gets around and they leave me alone now.

I am beginning to think now it is a disadvantage. ;)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everytime some kid at a gas station as me if I want to race his beat up Caprice Classic or evo, I just tell them, "No way... you'd win".

Then we both laugh at the absurdity of the remark. :)

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gosh, if I waved at Vette's, I'd be driving with my arm constantly stuck in the air - I swear in my area, so many people have Vettes it looks like ownership is required by law. lol

The thing with the Viper is that it's like slaying the dragon. If you win, you slay the dragon, if you lose, so what, it's a Viper - the dragon beat you, it should, right. Nothing to lose, only a great story to gain, either way (I beat a viper, I almost hung with a Viper-both are great stories)

03gobluecobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a mustang owner, I think I know where this guy was coming from. A viper is usually seen as an exotic/supercar. If you raced and he managed to win, it would sort of validate that his car is finally "fast". If you can beat a viper, you can beat just about anything stock on the road.

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
. Then you get the cool lookers like kids who whip out there cell phones and start taking pictures. We get people who come over to the car at a stop light to take video. We get thumbs up all the time, etc.
cool looker - i like that ;)

You must be registered for see images

in the 19days i was in CA/NV, this was the only one i saw on the road - so cool after seeing corvettes and stangs everywhere. did see a loada vipers @ hot summer nights, danville but that was planned.

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l126/zedsump/DANVILLE%20HOT%20SUMMER%20NIGHTS%2024TH%20AUG%2006/?start=all

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness