New Viper owner

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
Just picked up my 1st Viper, new 2005 yellow, convert. Have and still have a 2001 prowler since new. She says I can keep both.
Always wanted the Viper and my wife bought it as a surprise for my Birthday.

Few quick questions,
1.I have seen a post that Dodge gives one year membership to club, how does that work, dealer never said a word.
2. What are some of the better accessory vendors out there. Not speed, I have enough for now.
3. And I did make it home from the dealer a-ok, I have seen the ride home posts.
I have had many fast cars over the years, but this tops them...
4. Are the cruises and get togethers all in the events post, do you need to search alwa :nana: ys or can your local club give you the info.

Thank You all in advance

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1.I have seen a post that Dodge gives one year membership to club, how does that work, dealer never said a word.

If you bought it new, you'll get the info in the mail in a few weeks. Don't worry.

2. What are some of the better accessory vendors out there. Not speed, I have enough for now.

www.partsrack.com (have patience with Jon B. You may want to read a few posts here if/before you to call him :D )
www.mgwltd.com

Peter

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! If you don't need more speed(for now) ;) I'd reccomend a MGW shift knob to start, along with a clearbra.
:cool:
Great color, BTW.
:)
Jon B and Roe Racing have been helpful to me.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome Frank, what area are you in??

Well anyways, enjoy the Viper, I just got mine last week and am loving it. Never had a car or streetbike that put as big of a grin on my face.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call 800.998.1110 VCA Headquarters and tell them you just bought a new Viper. The process takes a while to get from the dealer to VCA IF the dealer does it correctly. I would just short circuit the process and call them directly. It still may take a while as the paperwork has to wend it's way through the system. You should immediately contact your regional president, he or she will make you welcome at events right away, regardless of whether your app. has finished it's way through. and make sure you go to VOI9, you don't even need to be a VCA member for that, just need your VIN. www.voi9.com And welcome to the best car club on the planet!

NOTVETTE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. We're a fairly new viper owner too. Great bunch of people here. Good advise above so far. A rule here: POST PICS! We want to see your car!

On Events: Check your local chapter listing as well. Look under "membership" then "regions" then select the apropriate state/region you reside in.

Have fun with your new Viper. BTW, where are you from?

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. You're going to love the car.

Call Dan at DC Performance and ask about his ECU reflash. Although this will bump up the power some (I know you are not looking for that), it also makes the car run much smoother. Throttle response is much better as well. This mod increased the smiles per mile factor tremendously for me.

Good luck with your new car!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You will get a free membership from VCA, but unlike what Lee mentioned , the Dealer does not do anything ( except essentially get charged in his invoice ). I tried numerous times to speed up the process, but until the Vin gets to them from DC , it is hard to get it accomplished. Get in contact with your new VCA Chapter and let them know, as they will surely include you in the coming activites. I would do as Lee suggested and call VCA with your Vin, so they are on the lookout and recognize your enthusiasm.

Welcome and tell your wife we all want to know if she has a sister, ha?

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
YELLOW FEVER Strikes Again.
Is the Prowler yellow?
Great WIFE (C.F.O.)

The free membership ASSUMES you bought brand-new-on-MSO from a Dodge dealer. cars not on MSO wont generate the free membership.

I truly enjoy helping newbees, but can be hectic on Mondays. Guys see stuff and break stuff on Fri-Sun, so Monday is a veritable zoo here.

We have lots of yellow-fever-feeding doo-dads.

And if you have an email in your profile Id send more...Check THIS out:

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=673561&Forum=All_Forums&Words=PartsRack%2C%20JonB&Match=Or&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1week&Main=673561&Search=true#Post673561

CONGRATS, I love YELLOW VIPERS...have owned 4...... They are definitely FASTER.....(attracting insects)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will get a free membership from VCA, but unlike what Lee mentioned , the Dealer does not do anything ( except essentially get charged in his invoice ). I tried numerous times to speed up the process, but until the Vin gets to them from DC , it is hard to get it accomplished. Get in contact with your new VCA Chapter and let them know, as they will surely include you in the coming activites. I would do as Lee suggested and call VCA with your Vin, so they are on the lookout and recognize your enthusiasm.
Welcome and tell your wife we all want to know if she has a sister, ha?
Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper

Ooops, did I infer a dealer might mess up. I did not mean to do that. CERTAINLY not Woodhouse, for sure. And I oughta know, Bill has sold me enough cars! Actually I learned something here, I did not know the process was automatic and the dealer had no input into the process. What I DID know was there is an intermediary between the dealer and the VCA that processes these. It's some sort of agency (not Dodge) that handles the paperwork and sometimes they are slow. I also know the national Officers have continually worked at this to try and improve it.

OP
OP
F

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all for the advice, and keep it coming. I will make the calls, and whom is my club pres, East Setauket, New York...

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome. Very nice choice for a vehicle. You have to get out and drive it before wintter comes. We have a few runs coming up for the month of August. Feel free to e mail Scott or myself. We can inform you.

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the family and congrats, yer gonna love it!!! I've had my vert for just over a year, and it is even more fun than the first day. Sign up for some Viper Days events, you will really enjoy the car on the track!!

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!

It gets better as you adjust to your Viper; as valentine viper said, the reflash does help. My accessory needs were met by the local Dodge dealer. You might browse through the Marketplace forum here. Nothing better than cruising in nice weather in the Viper with the top down.