New Viper Purchase

RhinoCat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I getting closer to making a deal on a 2005 SRT 10. It has 12 thousand miles on it. Can anyone give me a heads-up as to what to look out for? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.:huh::dunno:

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where you at? Definitely have someone put it on a lift and take a peek. Look for tale tell signs of shoddy repair work. And if you post your location, you may get a knowledgable member here to help out.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would get a Carfax AND ask a C-J-D dealer to run the VIN...match the histories, look for service records, inconsistent mileage data, or other problems...including such things as a buy-back, auction history, accident repairs, salvage history, warranty work (or possible warranty restrictions).

I would find a Viper Tech to do a full inspection AND check the history with local VCA members/officers.

If ALL of the above checks work out satisfactorily... you may have a car!!

OP
OP
R

RhinoCat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback...I'm in Vancouver BC and if there is a member nearby I'd be very appreciative of some local knowledge.
:hmmm:

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rhino, I'm a Service Manager for a CDJ Dealer in NY. Send me the full Vin and I'll run a AutoCheck [it's just like a carfax] and a Chrysler Dealer Connect check for you. Also send me a fax number and I'll send you all the info on the car.

OP
OP
R

RhinoCat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rhino, I'm a Service Manager for a CDJ Dealer in NY. Send me the full Vin and I'll run a AutoCheck [it's just like a carfax] and a Chrysler Dealer Connect check for you. Also send me a fax number and I'll send you all the info on the car.
The Vin is 1C3BC6EV7AN122340 ...my fax at work is (604)254-4987...much appreciated.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Commercial fishing?

Is the car in BC? I am the founder of the Western Canada Viper Club, I might know the car.
If the car is not a Canada spec car, you might have some difficulty importing it.

OP
OP
R

RhinoCat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Commercial fishing?

Is the car in BC? I am the founder of the Western Canada Viper Club, I might know the car.
If the car is not a Canada spec car, you might have some difficulty importing it.
No, just a pleasure craft... Some sport-fishing though, salmon, halibut and the occasional ling ... mainly cruise the Gulf islands and a bit into the San Juans...