New Viper Purchase

Valentino Amoro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm in the market for a Viper Coupe (06+) in solid shape and at a decent price range. I've come across a specimen recently in my home state of WA, would love thoughts on the car.

The car has a clean car-fax, strangely, it was in the Dodge dealer two weeks ago, when I went they told me it was sold. A week later, it's back. I will contact them tomm, but that sounds fishy.

The VIN is 1B3JZ69Z16V100829

Advice on a C-J-D check, details on the background beyond car-fax would be appreciated. Also, any recommendations on a certified Viper Mech in Seattle and the rate for an inspection?

Also, any core issues with 06 Coupe's that I should be aware of?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I own 2 GTSs and am a fan of the coupes. verts are only allowed 13.00 ET by NHRA whereas a coupe is good for 11.5 ET. Most road course competitions require a roll cage for verts to compete as well. Hate to ruin a good car with a cage.

I'd suggest more info if you'd like some members to ID that particular car. color? stripes? what area of Washington and what Dealer?

Good luck on your purchase.

Ted

Treviso

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give JonB at Parts Rack a call. He is a wealth of information and he is in your backyard.
Robert

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do not trust carfax, at best.....its a place to start, AT BEST
call chuck tator at tator dodge 914-763-3136, hae can help you a lot
then call jonB at partsrack.com

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I posted the link to this thread in the Wash regional forums for you, ...where some Wash guys will see it.

Ted

V

Venomiss

This the Washington area Viper website with contact information you might need.

VCA Home

Bill Sand is the president from that region and give him a shout. You can also get some interesting information on the car's particulars here:

International Viper Registry

It looks like that one was one of only 28 2006 Yellow Coupes with black stripes and five-spoke wheels.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't worry too much about the car being back when they said it was sold . The deal could have just fell through and they thought it was sold . They should be able to fill you in . A car with no accidents shouldn't have any major issues . Vipers are some of the most reliable cars out there . Many guys but thousands of miles on there Vipers a Quarter mile at a time and the car holds up like a tank . Good luck on your purchase .

OP
OP
V

Valentino Amoro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reg info! YEs, its a rare color combo (although my personal fave is blue with white stripes!)

Any idea what an 06 in decent condition (2-3 owners) adn 23K miles is worth? They started off with an ask of 60K but now seem to be coming down!

Btw, I was checking out another similar Viper (specs below). This one seemed to have peeling paint in the rear bumper and side around the Viper logo, as well as dull black plastics and finally a few missing parts (AC vent plastics). Seemed shady. How does the paints on the later model Vipers hold up? (Sorry, I'm a complete Viper noob as far as real seat time and experience goes, although I know a lot about the specs etc as I always loved these cars!)

Finally, how bad is the cabin heating issue? For example, I see myself going for weekend vaca's from Seattle to Vancouver/Portland. Wondered if I'll need to use my other car.

Cheers, really appreciate the help btw. I may hold back on a purchase for a few months as this isnt the perfect time for me, but I'm open right now to a solid deal (basically no rush). To be fair I'm cross shopping the 6th generation Z06 (preferably an 08+) and the 06+ Viper Coupes!

OP
OP
V

Valentino Amoro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was the extremely shady other Viper I checked out. The yellow one is far far better visually. It even has rust stains around the screws lining the engine bay.

The boutique dealer in this case said he bought it from an auction, didnt know a thing about the cars history, had no paper work. Although, Car Fax came clean, but as other folks here mention, CF is just a starting place.

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price seems ~$5k high for similar cars with that mileage (judging from my 30 seconds of research on cars.com) I'd be happy to take a look at with you. If you can pick one up before next Saturday, our dyno day is coming up in Hobart on the 17th. Send me a PM if interested.

OP
OP
V

Valentino Amoro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Rei, sweet. I will let you know if/when I go to check the car out, as I dont want to waste your time. However, if you're free and have nothing better to do we could def stop by tomm. Let me know. I'm always down for checking out a nice ride! Do folks share cell #'s in the forum or use IM?

I've been dragging my feet due to certain life events(want to be able to comfortably afford the car), will know more by the end of the year. That said, interested in seeing what the dealer is willing to do here. Eitherway, I'll likely be lurking around these forums and bugging folks for awhile :)

Another advantage to not rushing for me is to snag one of the 600HP revised coupes when they come down in price as well(that would be perfect).

If I got a Viper it would be a long term purchase and a daily driver (work and back) as well as a weekend tourer + autocross.

OP
OP
V

Valentino Amoro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, I'm seriously impressed by the level of participation and support from the enthusiasts here. Cheers guys, honestly, helps a noob feel more comfortable about progressing towards an investment like this knowing there's great expertise and support.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
23,600 miles six is high miles for 06. Around here we call that color combo a bumblebee.

Tomball Dodge is an advertiser here with the link above and has 2 blue-and-white coupes you seek, for sale in the same price range. Under 11,000 miles. They are the first edition numbered cars 007 and 014 i believe, and I know from personal experience they deliver to Washington.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was the extremely shady other Viper I checked out. The yellow one is far far better visually. It even has rust stains around the screws lining the engine bay.

The boutique dealer in this case said he bought it from an auction, didnt know a thing about the cars history, had no paper work. Although, Car Fax came clean, but as other folks here mention, CF is just a starting place.

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Im pretty sure this car was owned by a member here who goes by the name "Blue Batmobile". His car was the only SRT I've seen painted in that combo and with wheels done that way. The stripes are aftermarket. Here are a couple pictures of it.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Also, here is a link to Tomball Dodges Viper website (the dealer Jon B. mentioned). This lists some of their inventory.

Viper Exchange - New and Used Dodge Vipers for Sale

OP
OP
V

Valentino Amoro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B: Yeah, 23.6 feels very high. I'll check out TomBall's cars, under 11K and the same price seems like a better deal.

I need to dial the Search back a bit, my wife and I agreed end of this year was a better time, here I am all carried away :)

Austin, saw the photos. Looks like the same car. Let me tell you, the paint looks fantastic in the photos, I suspect there was some abuse between Blue Batmobile and the next owner(s). There are 3 it seems before the car went to auction.

Thanks for the link, cheers.

OP
OP
V

Valentino Amoro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG. TomBall seems to have some pristine cars, what a great selection, the blue and white looks FANTASTIC. Any ideas on reputation?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EXCELLENT folks at Tomball - either Bernie or Ben (or others there I am sure) will take good care of you. They certainly help take care of the VCA through their ongoing support!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OMG. TomBall seems to have some pristine cars, what a great selection, the blue and white looks FANTASTIC. Any ideas on reputation?

the reputation of the dealership is excellent. I purchased my 09ACR from them, and it was delivered on time in the middle of winter as promised.

As far as the 'reputation' on blue-and-white 007? That was MY car.... but you can't believe anything I say, I'm on pain medication.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the reputation of the dealership is excellent. I purchased my 09ACR from them, and it was delivered on time in the middle of winter as promised.

As far as the 'reputation' on blue-and-white 007? That was MY car.... but you can't believe anything I say, I'm on pain medication.

Oh My- And then I thought it was MONDAY!!

PBR

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased another of BlueBatmobiles cars. His 09 had 20K on it, so not unusual for mileage on the car.

If it is BAT's car, it probably has KW Variant shocks on it and lowered. Probably tinted windows, Corsa exhausts, and other extras to justify a slight bump in price.

Good luck on your search. Seems like there are lots to chose from.

Jon B's advice is always good. He knows his stuff.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For another 13K you can own a new, untitled, 5 Mile Delivery VOI 9 # 63

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4