New wheel finish spotted - polished Venom

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of you have seen my Gen V color combo thread, but today I found a first. The Venom wheel with the factory polished finish. Looks great, has a 2-tone appearance with gunmetal gray in the background and the outer spokes polished. I'll bet these become pretty popular, surprised nobody else has ordered them yet.

You must be registered for see images attach

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i'm digging them. i was thinking of buying those or the Venom wheels in solid black for my LE but i kinda want to go to a 19/20 combo.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to give credit to Gilles in one area, and that is wheel design. WOW what cool rims. What a HUGH improvement over the TERRIBLE OEM wheels that were on the GEN 3/4. YUK !

The Gen 5 wheels ALL are awesome. Not a bad design to date.

Good work Ralph. Gilles has passion.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen this type of wheel polish on Chrysler 300s and I like them on 300s, but I don't know if it really works with the viper IMO. I like the venom wheels but this wheel paint scheme is better suited for a luxury car than a performance car.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it depends highly upon the color of the car. Hyper Black on a Black/Gunmetal GTS is a home run. Matte Black wheels on the Orange TA is a knock out. This white/black striped GTS may go well with matte black wheels as well. But on Stryker Red, a polished wheel works much better. Especially with the Hyper Black pockets.

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My salesman told me that those are now standard with the 2014 GTS, but I still opted for the Hyper Strikers, but these do look great.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are these not the same wheels, they were in post 6 of the color combo thread? i'm trying to get an idea of how the venom wheels would look on my LE viper. black or polished, black or polished....
http://s466.photobucket.com/user/ynotdv8/media/2013 Viper/Gallery/gtsblue1.jpg.html
http://s466.photobucket.com/user/ynotdv8/media/2013 Viper/Gallery/GTS-01.jpg.html

Same style wheels. "Venom" style. The blue pic *might* be the same finish, but could also be hyper black. Crappy photo, hard to tell.

For an LE, I'd suggest some nice aftermarket wheels. I can help :)

Tony

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these are replica wheels ? Replica wheels cost 1/3 the price of OEM.

Due to my budget, I would like to buy replica wheels . Anyone repoping these yet ? LMK

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There isn't a good market for repro wheels and Vipers, due to their 6-lug and deep width requirement. Just not enough people buying wheels to warrant the development.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nine Ball, do you have a picture of the car from a straight on view from the rear of the car. I am thinking of adding stripes to mine and want to see how it looks against the black applique around the taillights. Thanks

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nine Ball, do you have a picture of the car from a straight on view from the rear of the car. I am thinking of adding stripes to mine and want to see how it looks against the black applique around the taillights. Thanks

Boom.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4