new wheels

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the new wheels the Gen4 has on page 22 of the new Viper mag? I don't see a center cap on the front and the rear looks like a modified H-spoke.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might be on to something. While not a fan of the front wheel, the back is obviously different. Who puts different wheels front and back on a Viper? Can't figure out how you can see enough to compare to an H spoke though :dunno:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's a cardinal sin around here, but I hadn't even opened the magazine yet.

Good catch on the wheels!

Attachments

• Wheels.jpg
    Wheels.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 200

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kinda like the motor in the backround in viper cup race--- they have a good sense of humor those srt folks..

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
let me check................................ nevermind, i have not got my magazine yet

OP
OP
V

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the picture was taken for the article about the new Viper returning to CAAP. As for the H-spoke comment, to me it looks like they machined out the spoke and the "H" bar from what I can see. The spoke width is narrow like the H's, not wide like the Gen3 10 spoke. As for 19" front, could be, the sidewall looks smaller and what is on my stock size PS2. Seems odd that there are two different wheels on the car.

Maybe FLATOUT or NINEBALL can identify them if they are aftermarket, non OEM.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed them. I like the fronts a lot and think the rears are just a standard set of 10 spokes. This caught my eye, but I'm almost certain the rear is a stock set of 10 spokes, which appear to be on a GenIV ACR.

Curious if this is them having fun with us.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking at it on my iPhone I don't recognize the front wheel as aftermarket but I'll check it again when I get home.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front wheel looks like it might be a prototype, it doesn't appear to be finished off as nicely as one would expect an OEM wheel to be. Check out the outer rim, looks like you could use clip on weights. Hardly likely that they would issue a new Viper wheel like this. I also don't ever remember seeing an aftermarket wheel with a lip like that. My guess is that they made some steel outer rims and are playing around with different center sections to see which ones they like.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh:

I think you guys are going stir crazy and reading into it a little bit too much. The rears look like OEM 10 spokes, and the fronts look like an older style Iforged or HRE....I highly doubt that it's a peek at a Gen 5 wheel.

Also, just because it's a picture of a Viper in front of the CAAP sign, doesn't mean that it just rolled out of CAAP, for all we know that's just a picture some Viper owner took and sent in. As for two different wheels, maybe he got a flat and didn't want to miss his CAAP visit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang