New worlds loudest Viper

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arizona:
'93 black RT/10
'96 blue/white GTS
'01 yellow RT/10
Cobra replica with F.I. 540 Chevy
2002 Mercedes CL600 sitting on 21's
1995 Ferrari F355 Spyder
2002 Escalade sitting on 23's
2002 Chevy HD CrewCab supercharged 496
1999 Dodge Ram V10 5-speed
1965 Buick Riviera
1989 Jaguar XJS convertible

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<FONT size="6">YIKES looks like this guy owns 3 yes 3 Vipers. OH NO
smile.gif
</FONT s>

emo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey,
Are those pics of your old Alpine system in the mixed media
image section or is that the new project?Either way it's
very SWEET!!!!!
Ernie in Seattle

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to post pics of my install but for some strange reason it wouldn't work.
confused.gif
confused.gif

I know I'm doing it properly but the images won't come up. I don't know if it's the worlds loudest, but with all the money I spent on it, I know the system ROCKS!
embarass.gif

Should have my new Viper back this week & I'll Post pics & details. There's the link but as you can see, it just goes to the main page. Original title "Lotta Pics Of My New Stereo System!!" on November 20 or page 87 at the bottom, if your showing topics from the last year in the drop down box.

http://www.viperclub.org/menus/index_forums.htm

emo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go into mixed media and click on images and then click
2001 vipers you can see Trey's pics.
cool.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK lets try this........

You must be registered for see images

Still missing some but oh well........

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey
You left out the 2 small in the front window. Don't know if Trey has the loudest but it is the clearest sounding car unit on planet earth. You could count every string being stroked.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jkracer9:
Trey
You left out the 2 small in the front window. Don't know if Trey has the loudest but it is the clearest sounding car unit on planet earth. You could count every string being stroked.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Ron. There are more amps hidden behind the license plate too. I have it tuned for the way I like to listen to my music (must be gettin older
smile.gif
) but if I were to enter a contest or something for loudness, I could definitely make some adjustments.
embarass.gif

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arizona:
For any stereo freaks I hit 161.3 DB yesterday with my '96 GTS at a USAC event here in Arizona. Sorry Brian Denham, that's 4.66 times as loud as your 147. HeHe
I will try to post pics of the install later.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

===========================================

161 to 147 = factor of 4.66???

Log scale??

Please explain for those here who do not understand.

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robert Dyck:
===========================================

161 to 147 = factor of 4.66???

Log scale??

Please explain for those here who do not understand.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, Robert... The mult is per 3db. Looks like his math was 161-147 = 14. 14/3 = 4.66

Brian Denham

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressive numbers! Congrats! I'd love to see your setup when you get some pictures. I've since sold the car, but removed the stereo to put it in my new one. I knew the title wouldn't last for long
wink.gif

P.S. I still have the custom box sitting in my attic if anyone with a gts wants to make an offer on it. It will fit any gts. The spare has to go and the plastic rear speaker mounts have to come out. Other than that, it uses the spare tire mounting bracket to secure it to the vehicle. Has holes for 2 12's and the side pieces are made to relocate your rear 6.5" speakers. Some custom work will probably need to be done to fit your amps of choice, but any competent stereo shop can handle this. No permanent changes have to be made to get the box in! I payed $400 for the box. Pics are here

[email protected]

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&gt; For any stereo freaks I hit 161.3 DB yesterday with my '96 GTS at a USAC event here in Arizona. Sorry Brian Denham, that's 4.66 times as loud as your 147.

No matter how you figure the math, this is inaccurate. You all know how I abhor inaccuracy
smile.gif

So... decibles are on a logarithmic scale. A 10 dB difference in volume equates to a 10x difference in power, and is subjectively twice as loud; by extension, a 3 dB difference in volume is just over a 2x difference in power, and is about the smallest volume increment the human ear will detect.

Thus: objectively, 161.3 dB represents approximately 40x the sound power of 147 dB, and subjectively is a bit more than twice as loud to the listener. 4.66 (~(161.3 - 147)/3) is not relevant.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score