New York City Bus Trip

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the announcement that the Next Generation Viper will debut at the New York Auto Show in April, the PA/WV Region will be planning a bus trip for anybody that wants to go. The show runs April 6th thru the 15th. I will be shooting for Saturday April 7th, details to follow. Let me know if you are interested since the cost of the trip will be determined in part by how many folks plan to attend!!

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
PaViper - from Va/Md region.. near Pa..
Def interested.. several charter bus companies in Balt area with NYC roundtrips starting from $55/person..

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Carmen, since the unveiling is mid-week, are you planning a bus trip? Maybe some of us on the east side of the state could meet up with the bus near the PA/NJ border.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
[h=2]
icon1.png
Re: New York City Bus Trip ?[/h]
Re: Lets have a party in New York!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by 99 R/T 10 -- TJI -
Any updates? When are the VCA members going to get the chance to preview? April 7th? Trying to make hotel and travel plans.

SRT will throw/host a party to unveil the GenV with VCA members on April 4th. Exact time on 4/4 is TBD. SRT will be sending out invitations via mail to all VCA members with details about this. RSVP will be required and a special website will be setup to register for the unveiling. This informaton was given to us by SRT at the presidents meeting last week. Invitations should be going out starting Feb 1st.​

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are waiting for the final details from SRT, once we have all the details, we will finalize our plans for a bus trip, depending on participation, we intend to move the bus trip to the 4th for the "Coming out party"

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, here is what we are thinking of doing since this is a mid week excursion, since it is extremely difficult to find a bus company that wants to make multiple stops to pick up passengers, we are considering renting a 15 passenger van(s) (depending on how many are interested) and rolling out around 1:00 or 2:00 Wednesday afternoon, this way we could pick up additional passengers along the I-81/78 corridor. We could do this and probably only need to charge about $10 per person (to cover parking, fuel), a lot cheaper than driving your own vehicle and parking it. If we have enough interest, I will put together more details

Deuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good to Ang and I, let us know as things come together

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like the Vans are going to be the plan, I need to start getting a head count...and by the way if you have not registered yet, you might want to get on it, space is limited and judging by some of the other threads, there are a lot of people already registered!!!

Deuce I have you and Ang
Superbird are you in, how many?
BigJag, you and Sue?
Viper67wife, is it quicker for you guys to come straight in from 95?

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fastest way for us to NYC is probably PA/NJ Turnpike to one of the bridges, but don't know how to get to SoHo from there. We could probably do a Harrisburg pickup, King of Prussia (to get the Philly/DE/MD guys), and Bensalem maybe? Maybe get a different volunteer to do a Western bus run as well for the Pitt gang? Any interest out of Pocono/Scranton region?

Diane

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far it looks like, initial pickup in Harrisburg, a stop around the 78/81 split, 78/61 exit, and possibly one more around the Allentown area. I am open to suggestions.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Harrisburg works for me.. definitely interested.
myself and bringing my son.
Mark

Last edited:

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carmen,

Return time is just as important for those of us with sitters and lack of energy .... Allentown would probably work for us

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely at this point at least two vans, did not see an age limit, even if there was I would think 26 would qualify regardless

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
hello.. any updates on the van trip to NYIAS ?
when leave ? where meet up ? return times ? etc..
Thanks.

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is who I have so far that has expressed interest in riding up with us in the vans to the unveiling on the 4th. If I missed you, please let me know or if you are on here and have changed your mind please let me know as we are getting close to needing an additional van.

Victor +1
Al B +1
Dave K +1
Jeff B +1
Me +1
Al P +2
Elam +1
Tom C +1
Mark (zoomie) +1
Rog G +1
Greg L +1

So far, it looks like we will leave Harrisburg about noon, we will plan to stop at the ******* Barrel at the I78/Rt61 split to pick up passengers there (if you are aware of a park and ride in that area, please let me know), we will also plan to stop near the Northeast Extension of the turnpike for additional passengers (once again if anyone is aware of a good parking location please let me know). If anyone has a need for an additional stop in the 81/78 cooridor, please let me know. At this point we are planning on at least one van staying until the end of the party, if there are enough people that are in need of leaving earlier, one van will leave at an agreed time by as many people as it would take to fill the van (probably around 10 PM). We are planning on meeting up with the folks that are staying in the hotel in New Jersey and all heading over to SOHO at the same time.
Please contact me with any concerns or suggestions.

Carmen

Last edited:

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a park and ride at 76 and 476, and the Plymouth meeting mall isn't far from there either. Given the choice, I'd think the park and ride on matsonford rd.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another option is 202 right off the turnpike. That park and ride lot might have some unique safety features we can discuss with Diane.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way far, sorry I was thinking of the turnpike ne extension split.

There is a park and ride at exit 54, US222. I think it is right around Dorney park

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21