NEW YORK SC Viper???

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard there was a match race between a LPE 427 twin turbo C5 vette and a DLM Level II Viper. anybody know the details about it???? I'm trying to figure out who's car it is. I know the Viper is a yellow r/t10.
Max

OP
OP
M

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dunno, after seeing that vette run 149, it's gonna be hard!

G
I agree. i would like to know who owns the yellow viper and who won the race??? good or bad :2tu:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Vette is in for a big surprise. I know the car (is not yellow)but can't say as there is some $ on it.

^^^^^^^^ That lpe 427 will get it's ass handed to it :D The one that ran 149mph would smoke the 427 btw as well :eek: btw where did you hear about this race??? I dont know of any yellow Dlm cars in NY area???????

OP
OP
M

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOt sure where it was at but the vette is featured in some magazine this month. it's supposed to be a very fast vette.
I thought one of you NY guys would know.

Max

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a buddy that ran his 427 LPE TT and he put down a Very respectable 9.9 .

LPE's TT's are tough to beat .

I'd like to see the time slips...From an armchair i'd put my $$ on the Vette.

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a copy of DJ's post on the Vette forum :

LPE [email protected] mph 1:52 PM 11/10/2003

BIG THANKS TO LPE!!! MY first pass in the car. I just babbied it off the line just to get use to it and see how the car feels with Skinnies. The crazy car went 9.9 @149mph I could not belive it. This thing gets 20-23 mpg in gas..I can and do take it on 800-1000 mile trips..the wife drives it more then me. And it is Faster than most all of these drag racers guys on here with there big motor/N.O.S C5's(no disrespect to them).. I just cant belive 149 .8mph.... LPE is great!!!

OP
OP
M

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They DID race... just wanted to know who won and who the owner of the viper was?

Max

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Max,
The guy with the yellow DLM s/c Viper is Vinny, although I don't know exactly what part of NY he's from?

He raced a 427 LPE TT and the DLM car walked all over him :D They raced like 5 times and the TT got beat each time :eek: I heard the Vette guy was really cool about it but you can bet they're planning to race again :cool: :cool:

The Vette guy was supposed to have the fastest Vette around..... not anymore. -Lou

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy $hit, Was it the Blue Z06??? That's the only one I know in Li with the 427tt :headbang: He is a friend of mine and I was supposed to race him, but I guess My fellow Dlm brother took car of him :D Any vids of this encounter?? How bad were the beatings lol??

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard it's only a Level II also that beat him. Those level II's can be nasty :laugh: :laugh: I'm jealous of you guys and the cold air, grrrrr. What a difference!

G

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Vette is Yellow and on the cover of this month's Corvette magazine. His name is Dave(nice guy). The Viper is Vinnie's Yellow RT/10 (also a super nice guy). I spoke with him this weekend and he said he beat the Vette, but with all fairness he pulled on him down low while the Vette was spinning the tires. He then said once they leveled off, no one pulled on each other. Came right from the horses mouth.You can see either car Sunday mornings at Robert Moses Beach around 8-11:00 A:M. Alot of good races there.

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's always a good time Sunday mornings.

Forget the Busa........I need a DLM upgrade

yes, I'm jelous

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
last time I was at Robert Moses beach I got a damn speeding ticket :( I will be back with a vengence though :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC