Newbie on deck....what's shakin' ppl?

Jon Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Newbie on board...saying hello!

Hey guys, what's shakin' folks? Let me 1st say that I am thrilled to finally be a member of one of the coolest car clubs around!

My name is Jon (it's true, ppl often refer to me as "Jon Mopar" or Johnny Mopar both in person, and on most forums), and Im from Canada (eh!). Although I'm new to viperclub, and am only in my 20s, I'm no stranger Mopars. My father worked for Chrysler for a number of years, so it rubbed off. My first job was actually washing cars @ my local Dodge Dealer.

I like Mopars of all shapes and sizes, am an admin on a couple other car forums, and am currently the exec for the Mitsu/Mopar Club in my Region. I have a bit of an auto-fetish, with a quirky collection of cars that has included everything from Neons to vintage trucks...but my true love is naturally the Viper.

My 1st experience with one dates all the way back to one of the first RT-10s sold in Canada. I skipped elementary school that day to go watch it roll out of the truck. I did the same thing in 1996, taking a trip to see one of the first GTSs (GTS was actually released on my birthday that year). My 1st time behind the wheel of one was just before turning 17, and although it was uneventful, I was hooked.

I'll stop rambling now lol. Take care

Last edited:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome on board ! I could deduce your age immediately when you said "ppl" ; but, the Canadian part wasn't so obvious ! :)
We accept all types here though, as long as they love Vipers !

Any car guy deserves to own at least one in his life since it is unlike most any other car, and is now affordable in some form, for just about everyone.

OP
OP
J

Jon Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the welcoms guys!

Yeah, I never used to use words like "ppl" or "lol" until about a year or two ago. Apparently I sounded too old for my age, so I made an effort not to. I'm not am avid texter, so that's not to blame.

It's cool to hear there are a few younger guys here...although I like to chat with everyone, regardless if they're 18 or 80.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just meant which Gen did you buy? Is it an RT or GTS?
Get some pics up quick or these guys will be all over you. We are visual people. :)

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome.Take advantage of the knowledge here. Any pics.
BTW, I'm older and curious what does ppl mean :dunno: :).

OP
OP
J

Jon Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a hobby, I'm an auto-broker, and occasionally buy & sell (odd ball stuff mostly)...but I usually play with them a little before I let them go. I've had a few, currently it's a Red ragtop SRT-10, but I'm partial to the rawness of the 1G body style.

Although I've owned a few, I've never really had one I've called "my own" (mainly because I don't keep them long). The day will come though...either a 92 RT-10, or a Sapphire Blue '01 w/Connolly leather. Those are what I dream about.

My father has had a few as well. An R/T, a red GTS/Stripe Delete, and a Steel Gray GTS w/stripes. He's left behind those days though, says he has no desire to have another, but time will tell.

anyway, without further adieu, here it is. Low kms Cdn Car, original wheels & tires are off, these are a used set of rims bought cheap online.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"...skipped elementary school that day to go watch [one of the first RT-10s] roll out of the truck." I love it!! You're my kind of guy. Welcome aboard.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the VCA web boards and hello on behalf of the Canadian side!

I am going to take that you are in Ontario? Did I guess right?

Anyways, welcome to the site and ask all the questions you want. You will find there are many good, knowledgeable people/ppl here.

Robert

OP
OP
J

Jon Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the VCA web boards and hello on behalf of the Canadian side!

I am going to take that you are in Ontario? Did I guess right?

Anyways, welcome to the site and ask all the questions you want. You will find there are many good, knowledgeable people/ppl here.

Robert

You're close! (and very good). I'm currently in Ontario now, but the eastcoast is where I call home. Great to see there are other Canadian boys on here.

I guess we Canucks get around.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nsviper - No problem. Glad I could help! :)

Jon - Cool. Where back east? You may have something in common with NSViper.....

Robert