Newbie: Questions about Illinois Clubs

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi all! I recently purchased a 98' GTS and am looking to meet some Viper owners around my neck of the woods. Anyone around Peoria, IL care to give me some advice on which club to join? (Illinois vs. Gateway Region) Hope to meet many of you soon. Cheers!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a ride to our monthy meeting tonight and you'll see where to spend your next bonus check.
Schamburg FuddRuckers

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats Peoria! i am only minutes away from you as you can tell.

lots of viper info for you if you want to give me a call. 648-8157 (cell)

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come to tonights meeting at Fuddruckers in Schaumburg and meet the GREATEST VCA chapter around. *Thumb to nose at the Kansas Chapter* :p :eek:

Seriously though Any chapter you join, you'll be a winner for learning more about your car '98 A great year for Forged pistons and meeting an INclusive group of great people with great cars.

Fuddruckers
Schaumburg
436 E. Golf Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Phone: 847-519-9390

In my Best RadTA voice... Meetings on tonight!!

Cheers and Welcome,

Jay K.

ps. Did you go to Bradley or attend those BooBirds at ISU?

Go Braves!

Wifey's Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's even worse if you live east of Schaumburg. It's not far but 5:30pm traffic in Chicago heading west is a nightmare.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's even worse if you live east of Schaumburg. It's not far but 5:30pm traffic in Chicago heading west is a nightmare.

TRUE 'DAT! You're talking an hour to an hour fifteen plus to get out there!

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Viper! I believe this is the last meeting of the year for the IL club. It's my understanding that the IL club has more events than the gateway club.

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input. Unfortunately, Chicago is a bit far for me. I was hoping there might be some Viper activity around the Peoria area since Roanoke Dodge is only 30 minutes away. I see that the Gateway region has meetings in Springfield which is only an hour away. Heck, if there's anyone around here that just wants to get together for drives, etc., I'm all for that. Looks like Big-n-italian is a neighbor, I'll give you a buzz. Thanks again all!

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to join the VCA but can't find any info on what the fees are. The registration page just has personal history to fill out and an address and number to fax the registration form but no fees noted. What's the cost for membership? Thanks

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jdoc7- The Gateway Club has several members from Springfield/Normal area that drive down for events. Some of them belong to both clubs! We have at least one official event listed per month that is hosted/sponsored by a club member and we have extemporaneous cruises/parties/events that we email to members. We're heading down to Red Bud Illinois this Sunday for a wine country cruise and car show. It will be a great time and we'll have at least 15 Vipers there. PM me if you interested in joining us.

JGK95- Toto your not in Kansas anymore. The Gateway Club is in Missouri ;) Sorry, just had to give you trouble on that one. The KC Club has the Kansas members.

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
RXViper, thanks for the invite but I won't be able to make it this weekend. I wonder if there would be any interest in forming another chapter around here, between the two current chapters in Chicago and STL? I'm gonna look into it. Nothing like hitting the ground running when it comes to Viper ownership!