NewGuy questions - Value of 94 RT? Eliminate mufflers?

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I witnessed a '94 sale, black, AC, 10K miles, clean enough to eat off the underside, original tires and windshield washer fluid. $40500.

Sidepipe cars with the wrong mufflers (or none) will not necessarily be "too" loud, but the drone/resonance/acoustics can be very annoying, especially with the top on. Best to visit with other sidepipe cars and listen.

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say about 41,000 to 42,000. I got my 94 with 12,000 miles on it for 45,000-but I also got a stock hardtop, polished wheels, and a year and a half still left on warranty.

Performance wise-I went with Roe Racings package and was very, very pleased with the results.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the others on price. Removing the mufflers is seat of the pants noticable, but is also louder with an anoying drone. There are many other options (cat-back systems). Have fun!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I actually like the droning sound of the side pipes. I had my mufflers cut off and replaced with dynomax bullit mufflers. It sounded great and pick up a bi of horse power too. It was loud but not raspy. I do like sean roe's side pipe set up. A friend of mine bought it and it sounded awesome!!

Good luck. I liked my 1994, it was my first Viper. Awe the memories!

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the older cars will hold their value well. I have had mine for 2 years and could get very close to what I paid, however, I can't ever see selling it.

I replaced the mufflers with staight pipes soon after I got the car. At first I couldn't believe how loud it was and the drone with the top on was a bad around 2200 rpm. I have gotten used to it and the sound is great. I am installing headers and a complete 3" system. I only hope it sounds as good as the straight pipes.

Good luck,

Ken

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my '93 with 2100 miles, no A/C, NO MODS, LIKE NEW - $39,500

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude