News of yet another Viper crash

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dodge Viper smashes into tree, fence & wall on Concord Boulevard : Local: In Contra Costa

Dodge Viper smashes into tree, fence & wall on Concord Boulevard

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Late last night a Dodge Viper was destroyed after an ugly crash where the driver suffered only minor injuries.

Our friend "Tony" was on scene, and tells us what happened....

The driver "allegedly" claimed, according to one of the officers, to be traveling at 40mph when he punched it and lost control of his Dodge Viper. He was ok, thanks to his air bags. The house was saved thanks to a large Pine Tree, brick columns and a fence.

Thanks for the information & photos, Tony!

01GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch, that *****. I'm pretty sure that's my friends step father. I just sold him a nice corsa exhaust with high flow cats and carbon fibre center console too. Hope he's 100% ok.

01GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to the driver and he's doing ok except for some swelling, stitches and airbag burns. However, Apparantly someone saw it happen and drove off instead of checking on him while he was unconscious in his car. That person is a pathetic excuse of a man. The driver could have died of his wounds for all he knows.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but the stupid is what the guy is if he doesnt know about cold tires and 500rwtq on run craps.... lol

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearly you missed the thread on the power of the Prius, don't mess with those bad boys .... it's all over in 0-6mph

Glad the driver is ok, clearly one should not to "punch it" in the cold

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So does COLD and RUNCRAPS

Totally agreed there. Got stuck in a parking lot once on dry pavement when the temp dramatically dropped to 27, when it once was in the 50's. The tires were hockey pucks and won't go anywhere. The Skip Shifter prevented me from rolling out in 2nd gear as I would if it was icey and I was in a different car.
It made for a very amusing situation, and required some careful clutch work to get home. I can only imagine what would happen and how it would feel to experience "ice" like conditions at 40Mph.

Oh, no wait, I live in Colorado and in the mountains for 20 years and totally know what it feels like to hit ice at 40. Tokyo drift and ride it like you mean it! If you are going to wipe out, might as well go down fighting and not standing on the breaks knowing they are doing a damn thing. Drove away in my SUV once doing this with only minor damage, the next car slammed the breaks in the exact same spot and rolled 3 times. Didn't know if I was more freaked out over my "almost" wreck or wathing the next car roll in my rearview.

Anyway ditch the RUNCRAPS especially if you are in a cold climate.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The driver "allegedly" claimed, according to one of the officers, to be traveling at 40mph when he punched it and lost control of his Dodge Viper.
Oh he has to be lying. We all know that Vipers are ALWAYS going over 100 mile an hour when they crash. (insert sarcasim emoticon)

Should have bought a prius......
:nono: Come on, the guy just crashed his Viper. How would you feel? I'm glad he wasn't hurt bad. Sad day for him I'm sure. No sense rubbing it in.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do we know for sure he still has his 2005-dated RunCraps on it? Likely culprit if so....glad hes OK. Looks like maybe a silver stripe, not an FE?

PS to MilkMan..... the Federalized OE CAGS-skippie shift does NOT prevent a 2nd-gear launch, certainly preferred in slippery conditions...it just prevents a quick 1-2 shift at low speed, low rpms.

As many Northern-tier drivers know, with "normal" tires you can also super-soft "mud-bog" them down to 9-12 lbs to get some emergency slow-speed traction with non-snow tires....wont work on run-craps though!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys, cut the guy a bit of slack, he's just smashed up his pride and Joy, OK so he punched the car and it got away from him with bad consequences, We all know these cars can catch you out, but being called names over the forums is a bit harsh :(

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys, cut the guy a bit of slack, he's just smashed up his pride and Joy, OK so he punched the car and it got away from him with bad consequences, We all know these cars can catch you out, but being called names over the forums is a bit harsh :(

ya you guys are prics

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang