Nitrous experts, please help...

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning to get an NX wet kit (will jet it at 200hp max) for my '99 Viper, and I'm wondering what is the correct spark plugs to use. I tried search, but came up empty.

I've done some research on nitrous, and I think I compiled a list of parts to have a fairly safe system. If there's anything else I should add, please share your advise and expertise. Here's my shopping list (all NX parts):

* 20325-10 DODGE VIPER EFI DUAL NOZZLE (100-300HP) WITH 10 LB. BOTTLE
* 15607 D-4 "PURE-FLO" N20 FILTER & 7" STAINLESS HOSE (LIFE TIME CLEANABLE)
* GEN-X UP-GRADE (INCL BTL HTR, PRES GA, FUEL SW, BLO-DWN FITG & TUBE)
* 18959 RPM WINDOW SWITCH
* RPM chips/pills (3000rpm on, 6000rpm off?)

I would like to have a dedicated fuel source instead of tapping to the shraeder valve, but I don't know how to properly set it up. Besides, I'm not planning to use it a lot, only at the 1/4 mile track (maybe 4-8 times per year). So I think a basic NX wet kit will do just fine.

P.S. Will a heavy duty half shaft necessary when running on stock pilots? I figure the tires will give first before the oem half shaft.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You only think you will be using it a few times. The power is contagious. The schrader valve pickup is clean - use it. Go with a a 15 lb bottle, only about 2/3 of the bottle is usable before the power starts dropping off. The window switch has to be modified for the viper, MSD is a good choice. The NGK7252 is a good nos plug and you will not lose hp NA. You might also want to add a low fuel pressure shutoff on the enrichment circuit.

You will not be on stock pilots for very long. The piolts are not very usable in 1st and 2nd. There are some quirks with the nos, some cars have to use a 6AN line and the high flow solenoids to get 200-250 hp to the rear wheels. The 16 feet of 4AN line causes a lot of pressure drop. The high flow solenoids have twice the cross sectional area of the stock solenoids. Use the cool tube product where you route the line in the engine compartment. You definitely want a shift light. Last but not least, have a good dyno shop set up to get your a/f right.

Reaction score
If you get some time, please give me a call. I know the NX system inside and out. Also have a good part number on your plugs and can get you a great price on your NX kit.

Albert 713-857-9998

OP
OP
Alternative

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack - thanks for the info!

Albert - I'll call you shortly...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members