Nitrous explosion

Reaction score
If a nitrous bottle leaks, will the Nupro valves keep the engine safe?

I had a leaking bottle that leaked into the manifold, then blew up when the car was started. We did find the bottle to be leaking at a rate of 2 lbs. per 8 hours, so the manifold may have had as much as 3.5 lbs. of nitrous in it.

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a way to test for leakage or blow the Nitrous clean before start up? I'm used to boats where it is routine to turn on a blower before starting it in case there is fumes sitting around.

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't understand how the nitrous made it to the intake if the solenoids were good? If the system was not armed and the solenoids were not activated (WOT switch, trigger, etc.) nitrous could not have "leaked" from the bottle to the intake. It is an impossibility.

Reaction score
The wiring of the solenoids was AFU
You must be registered for see images
. With the switch on I got no nitrous, but with the switch off the solenoids opened....We quarantined the whole nitrous system as it was to have it analyzed...I'm no nitrous expert (I realize you probably are from your profile), but this experience is teaching me a lot.

I had the system installed by TNT and it worked great all summer. Then I had other companies working on my car for wiring restoration and all kinds of problem emerged...basically none of the systems worked right. I'm still straightening it all out.

I come to Houston several weekends each month. I’d be glad to meet you, show you the car and explain all the details….It’s a long and twisted story. It wasn’t TNT’s fault.

Later,
Jeff
You must be registered for see images

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad
No need to try to scare the uninitiated about nitrous!In that instance as I recall the
idiot tampared with the pop off valve, and then overfilled bottle! In Jeff's case I
don't who's to blame but for sure having it
wired so that solenoids opened independent
of built in safeguards should not be a
condemnation of nitrous use in general.If
everthing is installed properly IT IS IDIOT PROOF and safe to use.Don't let anyone near the system after the installer does his magic!! I've put over 100 bottles full through my system.I had one mishap Before TNT
fixed my original installer's mistake. It cost me an airbox.Other than that isolated FOPAH it was been acceleration beyond belief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!