Nitrous gurus need your advice

2002_red_gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking to added a small nitrous shot to my h/c viper. I have a few questions. I should be in the 550rwhp+ range and want to add a 100 shot nothing to big. I found a pretty good deal on a dry kit and was wondering if that would be safe for what I'm doing. Also being a h/c car with a stock fuel setup, should I worry about running out of fuel with a dry 100 shot?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a dry kit on my Roe S/C car. I use the vec to add fuel in the 3000-60000 RPM range when I am shooting the nitrous. If you wan to be able to do it on the fly, mount the Vec inside the car accessible from the drivers seat, then you can change programs from your normal tune to a NOS tune. And I saw your other thread, I have a NOS kit for sale...................:D

Last edited:

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would call nitrous outlet or nitrousexpress about a dry shot. I had a 150 wet shot and it didnt seem like much.
A 100 shot seems like you could do dry no problem...I bought my plate kit from nitrousoutlet, maybe talk to chris
and see what he recommends on going dry.
Cheers

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why take a chance. I tried the dry kit and could not get the a/f correct. Even if you used the VEC to add fuel, your injectors would be static.

Last edited: