No 2010--dealers are starting to acknowledge

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
09s are getting scarcer than any Viper I can recall since owning Vipers (14 yrs).

Now Bud's is selling on ebay with a statement that "there will be no 2010 Viper". And from what others are saying dealers are not taking any more orders. Maybe I am behind on the news but sad :(

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the car surviving to a new model year but I'd suspect that they continue to build through at least part of 2010 and make it a 'final edition' car. Regarding orders, it might be a case of misinformed dealers that aren't taking orders because I've heard just the opposite.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's bizarre - hopefully there isn't something screwed up in the ordering system. All the dealers I know are anxious to get more orders placed since Vipers have a pretty fat margin on them and who knows how long they'll be around.

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did not mean to start any controversy but this should be easy to resolve as there are several dealers who post here. Hey guys--are you hopefully still taking orders? someone posted that Bud's and Ringgold are not and when you see Bud's ebay ads they say no 2010

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did not mean to start any controversy but this should be easy to resolve as there are several dealers who post here. Hey guys--are you hopefully still taking orders? someone posted that Bud's and Ringgold are not and when you see Bud's ebay ads they say no 2010

Good idea - I'd also be interested in hearing whether they're taking orders for just 'regular' Vipers, or also ACRs. And, which colors are available now - that is one that I have no idea about. I had a dealer tell me that only a few colors were available, but if you go to the Dodge site, it seems that they're building whatever people want.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The orders being taken are for the 2009 model. There are no orders being taken for a 2010 model year Viper - yet.

Last edited:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usual dealer scam, better order it now as there will be no more. OLDEST trick in the book. Nobody really knows so play up the fear and raise the price.
Anyone who wants to order a new Viper should be able to pick up the phone and call a VCA supporting dealer (Bud's is not, by the way) and order a car.
We don't have to play into the hands of dealers like this.

Hoodoo Man

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The orders being taken are for the 2009 model. There are no orders being taken for a 2010 model year Viper - yet.

I called Ringgold's and Bud's yesterday(7-2-09) and was told that no new Viper orders (2009 models)were being taken by Dodge. Ringgold's stated they were hopefull that they would eventually receive the one's that they had ordered several weeks ago.:dunno:

A status update by the club leadership would be helpful.

Larry

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Herb Helbig just posted a few days ago on this subject and specifically stated that orders can be placed. I did hear that dealer allocation for any remaining 2009s to be manufactured is very tight so maybe this has something to do with what some of you are hearing. Are you out there Bill Pemberton? Comment please.

Last edited:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pemberton is out today for the holiday, as are most of the SRT/Chrysler folks. I am not sure if this is the "official" holiday since the 4th falls on a Saturday, but it is hard to reach these folks right now.

That said, we know ordering was open earlier this week and they are definitely keeping busy at the plant. We will post any updates just as soon as we hear them.

Oh, and as they are scheduled to build MY 2009 until the end of the calendar year, that would explain why you cannot order a 2010. There are a few 2010 mules (2009's with 2010 parts being tested) out there right now...

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's interesting. Who gave the go ahead to work with mules and develop "2010 parts" (and what are 2010 parts?) Having worked with the car industry this just does not happen on its own. You must know something.:)

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think those dealers that can't order 2009s or 2010s are the dealers Dodge shut out of business a month or so ago. They can't order any cars period.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and as they are scheduled to build MY 2009 until the end of the calendar year, that would explain why you cannot order a 2010. There are a few 2010 mules (2009's with 2010 parts being tested) out there right now...

Chris, you let the cat out of the bag,now did you take the plunge on an 09 ACR or more conventional model??????

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
viperbilliam, I do understand the original question.

My post was aimed at clarifying that which was posted most likely in good faith but from sources of questionable reliability... such as:

"I called Ringgold's and Bud's yesterday(7-2-09) and was told that no new Viper orders (2009 models)were being taken by Dodge. Ringgold's stated they were hopefull that they would eventually receive the one's that they had ordered several weeks ago" (Idon't doubt th poster...just the source)

"No 2009 orders taken from the dealerships in my area." (could be...BUT, there are other "areas")

Said posts not only wandered a bit from the original question, but also could be misleading to those who may still be interested in ordering a 2009 Viper at this point (and, time may well be running out in my opinion).

If someone wants to order a 2009 Viper, call an experienced, longtime Viper-PRO...Bill Pemberton at 1-800-889-1893...and get the straight story AND let Bill order a Viper for YOU.

While you're at it...ask HIM about the 2010's. :)

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[
Originally Posted by Y2K5SRT

quote=Art 138;2720019]Chris, you let the cat out of the bag,now did you take the plunge on an 09 ACR or more conventional model??????[/quote]

Art,
In this case she means Model Year=MY..They will build 2009 model year vipers until the end of December...

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over at allpar.com, the factory insider produced a list of 2010 vehicles with the "new for 2010" changes. The good news was at first the Viper was on his list. The bad news was after I asked why there were no changes listed for the Viper, he replied that he could no longer confirm for certain there is going to be a 2010, so he is taking the Viper off the 2010 list.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is allpar.com an authority or just another magazine (but online) like Road and Track and others?

With Herb out there and our illustrious VCA leaders don't we have our own "factory insiders" that are as reliable as any others?

Hoodoo Man

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is allpar.com an authority or just another magazine (but online) like Road and Track and others?

With Herb out there and our illustrious VCA leaders don't we have our own "factory insiders" that are as reliable as any others?

Looks like GK is on it. See his latest post of 7-03-09 under the "CAAP is running" thread under GK's Forum.

Larry

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There are only 2 sites I consider trustworthy of insider info...VCA and Allpar.com. No, they are not a magazine 'rag" of unfounded opinion. Here at the VCA, we have many good insiders. If you take a while and look through their site, you will see they consist of a lot of people who are building these cars on a daily basis. Their site is the one that many of the on line magazines get their "secret info" from. They were the one that broke, many years ago, that there was going to be a new car called the Challenger again. Several of these insiders lost their jobs over that news. They are no competition to the VCA, so I don't see a problem in mentioning them. The VCA site is mostly about our Vipers, where their site covers everything Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, and also Plymouth.

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd guess Viper will go the way of Saturn...spun off to a third party buyer/investor group. Can't see Chrysler producing a 2010 with Obama looking over there shoulders!

RCK

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Plant is Open, the folks have been building cars ( we just received 4 about 8 days ago ) and I have ordered some more 09s since then. The sky is not falling , the Viper is being built and though the Plant will close for 2 weeks like every July, it will be up and running again soon.

We will be more than happy to take orders and everyone have a great week!!!

Bill P:2tu:

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, that is good news. Wonder what was up at Ringgold's and other places where folks said they could not place orders??

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Checked again this morning , as I ordered cars last week. Today, not last week, convertibles are on restriction. Just means there is a delay with the ******* Snake. I can order Coupes in both conventional design or as an ACR, so no need to worry folks!!

Be here till 8:30 and would be happy to take those orders,ha.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse
1-800-889-1893