No Cream.... No Puff....... Just LOTS of HP!!

Will

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's with all this cream puff stuff? I just dynoed my '00 GTS yesterday at Apex Motorsports and achieved 419.8 HP and 450.3 Torque. Only mods are K&N filter and smooth tubes. Personally, I think those are pretty respectable numbers.

I will, however, admit that things in my engine seemed to "line up" better than in other cars because I posted better numbers than some cars that had headers and cat back systems.

There was a red '97 GTS that posted 427HP and 460(?) Torque with just a K&N. Pretty cool numbers, but we all know those years had more aggressive cams, so this was to be expected.

No cream here.....

-Will

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe so. My '01 dyno'd at 415 RWHP / 448 RWTQ with just K&Ns and smooth tubes, and 1200 miles on the clock. FWIW, I followed the break-in procedures religiously.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I dont understand is people never take account the temp, barometric pressure, humidity. . . Stuff like that. Surely 8 HP difference is to be expected in 2 identical cars dynoed at different times. Im not defending the creamery but If I dyno my car on monday and get 450 HP, put a k&n on it and dyno it Friday, couldnt there be a possability that the conditions could add or remove 8 HP regardless of the filter? Theres days where it is cool and clear where I drive my car it if feels ALOT faster because there is simple more oxygen in the air and the Barometric pressure also has an effect on the combustion.

Just food for thought. Not trying to burn anyone.
smile.gif

I think the only way you can get a reliable test is dyno a car that day . . . do the mods then dyno it again that day.
Of course the Stryker 1000 Supercharger is an exception to my theory I think the test would valid if done on different days there may just be a deviation of 5-10 HP which is change in the 1000 HP territory
smile.gif

G