No Electrical Power

Real_Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can someone point me in the right direction here. I fried my alternator last weekend so I put a new one in and now before/after start-up I have no accessory power (windows, radio, gauges, brake lights, doors... etc) Head lights seem fine just nothing else. I'm thinking a relay somewhere or a bulkhead to look at? :dunno: This is on my 2006 Vert. Any help will be much appreciated.

(I did use the search for "no power")

OP
OP
R

Real_Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BCM 1 fuse was blown... No does anyone know about radios? That fuse is keeps popping and I have no radio power still.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing helpful here, but if the radio worked fine before your electrical episode, and now blows fuses, I would tend to think you fried it.:dunno:

Know any viper owners around to swap deck with? It's about a 15 minute switch. Or just grab one off of fleabay or similar to test it.

But then again, before doing either, pop the stereo out and then try the fuse, at least then you can eliminate the possibility of melted and ground wiring.

I wonder if the factory amplifier under the passenger seat is on the same fuse? Because if it is, and when you pull the stereo, the fuse doesn't pop, it coujld still be the amplifier, as it receives the order to turn on from the stereo itself.

OP
OP
R

Real_Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok... swapped out the stereo with another RBQ one. Fuse isn't blowing anymore now but the new radio isn't working either. Tested the new radio on a Neon and it worked fine. Is there another way that the power goes to the radio? A second fuse/relay?

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try replacing the IOD (Ignition off drain)15 amp mini with the safety bracket over it. This has a black wire witha purple tracer that connects to the stereo. I went thru the same thing for days till i stated tearinh things apart. I believe the 20 AMP fuse is to the amp.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
R

Real_Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on that one! It was the only one I hadn't messed with cause it was inside that plastic slider. Now I need to figure out why I now have no sound from the speakers.

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your amp might have also fried?
Try connecting a spare speaker direct w/out amp.

OP
OP
R

Real_Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guess this weekend I'll pop that passenger side seat and look for a replacement amp. Wish I could find a radio system schematic. That would help this tremendously.

OP
OP
R

Real_Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Update to this thread. I ended up picking up a used amp and replacing mine with it. Getting that passenger seat out is a PITA. After doing that I swapped them out and to no avail my speakers have sound once again! Thanks to everyone that helped me out on figuring this out.