Non Body Color Badging

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have seen many Vipers with Chrome badging that I thought looked good.

I checked Parts Rack and they want $169/per badge. 3 badges (1 each side and 1 in the back) That is over the top cost to me.

Are there other places to buy chrome badging??

Secondly, is the badging from the factory a body colored decal or is the decal painted when the body painted?? If the decal is colorized, black badging could be obtained from the dealer and applied to a non black Viper.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parts Rack's cost is not out to lunch.

It just so happens that the chrome badging you want is the most expensive.

It came factory on my special edition, maybe it's rare, does anyone know what else the chrome badging came on?

OP
OP
G

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just be aware that those chrome emblems posted above are not the same. I have seen them in person and don't think they look nearly as nice as the OEM ones.

These are Chrome back lay's with a clear bubble over them, the Dodge ones are actually plastic chrome over the raised portion. The ones I saw in the link above also were not cut very crisp.

Three years ago these emblems were half the price they are now and the price has literally doubled. I would spend the extra money and get the OEM ones, if you saw them side by side you would no doubt agree it was worth the extra $$.

Ed

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You get what you pay for especially with these emblems. OEM all the way, if possible.

OP
OP
G

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It always amazes me when people whine about spending $170 for dress up parts on their $50K+ car.

First of all it is not 170..it is 170 x 3 badges = $510 And secondly there is no logic that if you own an expensive car that somehow one should not care about the value of a purchase.

To each his own.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang