"Non-Buyers Remorse" - new VCA Coupe pictures

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"Non-Buyers Remorse\" - new VCA Coupe pictures

Rather than hog Jerry's post with these pictures, I thought I would add some here along with a little commentary to go with Paul's on the other thread: I had the privilege of joining the proud new owners bright and early this morning for the bus ride over to Barrett-Jackson. As we crested the hill we looked to the right and there they were:

You must be registered for see images

Still looking out the bus window (thus the reflections), only a couple folks are out there and they are dusting off the cars...

One more view out of the bus window before the new owners began their eager "swarm" out of the bus doors:

Now despite the dust and even a little (GASP) mud, these cars were absolutely gorgeous:

A diamond in the desert:

Sorry about the size of these, but I am still in Phoenix and only have Paint for my photo editing right now. I will crop them and make them a lot more managable when I get home. Anyway, another angle:

Now everybody smile for the group photo! Wait, is that somebody on their cell phone during the picture? Why it sure is! Of course when you are a wheeler-dealer like John Gastman from Roanoke Motors, it is no big surprise... ;)

And one last shot from the side. Again, I apologize for the picture size and photo quality. I will edit the originals when I get home and replace these accordingly...

So there I am, enjoying the excitement of these many new Viper owners. Lots of folks from the Arizona club joined us by then, and like most of us, could only shake their heads in amazement at just how really good these cars looked. Many of us (including Yours Truly) were kicking themselves for not having had the time necessary to get in the drawing and make arrangements to get one of these. Call it "non-buyer's remorse" - we all wished we were getting one of these beauties! But not to worry, my disappointment was short-lived: While I couldn't buy one, I did get the chance to drive one! Sure enough, one of the owners couldn't make it to drive his back to the dealership for shipping and asked if I would do it for him. He didn't need to ask me twice! Only a few miles away, I still had a blast on the short drive. Even had a Viper-owner copilot with me who has never owned an SRT and he kept saying, "I have GOT to get me one of these!!" Indeed...

Note the lit "fangs" third brake light, ala the GTS. Nice! Here is one last look as we lined up to get the Reliable Transport assignments for the cars. And yes, this was shot in the rearview mirror - no right-hand drive cars in this bunch!

My thanks to DC, SRT, and the VCA for making this happen. While I didn't get to take one of these home, I did get to enjoy a great day out with dozens of excited new owners. We had a great lunch hosted by the Arizona Region (those folks are awesome) and then got to see some of the Barrett-Jackson action. It was another incredible day to be a Viper owner!!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

the usual greats shots thanks Chris, seems a strange place to hand them over to the owners

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Great car, great pics, but they couldn't find a piece of concrete to park for the presentation???????? :confused:

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Great car, great pics, but they couldn't find a piece of concrete to park for the presentation???????? :confused:
Interestingly enough, no. At lunch some of the folks from other clubs were talking about that and mentioned that Barrett-Jackson had already used up just about every single inch of pavement or wanted some absurd price to "rent" the few remaining spots for the 14 hours the cars were there. Some wondered why not just have it at the nearby dealership, but that would have taken away from the "Barrett-Jackson delivery experience" to some degree. As it was, even that dirt/crushed rock lot had to be vacated by 10:00 AM as it was filled by auction attendees shortly thereafter. It was no wonder Barrett-Jackson could ask a small fortune for space (even valet parking took as long as an hour and a half to get your car back to you).

My guess is that they made every effort possible to do this right with the limited timeframe they had to arrange it. We all know that the order/drawing window was incredibly short and I suspect that they had the same issue making these plans. Judging by a little (yikes!) mud on a few of these cars (mostly Kansas City VCA members, who are known to be easily pleased ;) ), I would venture to say that they even went so far as to wet down the lot beforehand in order to keep dust to a minimum. They also had SRT and Ed Moses Dodge employees out there with California Dusters right up until the cars left the lot. While it wasn't the ideal situation, I didn't hear any major complaints from a single owner there.

Here's another pic for your viewing pleasure (I shot over 200 yesterday):

As you can see, each car had a placard with the owner's name on it. On the other side of the placard was a nifty VCA Edition graphic with a picture of the car. I will post that picture a little later. Now I have to go standby for flights at the airport and hope to see the family some time today...

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Looks like a great time Chris, but geeeesh that sun was bright !!!!!

*Insert favorite credit card commercial here*
Ambushing your friend when he has no internet (hopefully :D ) PRICELESS

2837Mike_VCA_Viper2-med.jpg

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

In the first picture, I noticed those two sweet white Grand Caravans parked in the cleaner area of the field. Were they fully equipped with the latest stow-n-go option package?

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re:

That was a very nice pics. I like the color... I wonder why... :2tu: Thanks for sharing.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re:

Well - new owners? Thoughts? More, less, or as good looking in person, having not seen the actual finished product before purchase????

Thanks - congrats to all!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Well - new owners? Thoughts? More, less, or as good looking in person, having not seen the actual finished product before purchase????

Thanks - congrats to all!

Was thinking the same thing. Owners, better post information. Acutally why not start a thread for them.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Has to be flipped. Unless they were all right hand drive cars (note location of the Monroney label).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC