non run flats

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not impressed, too much side wall flex, going back to run flats, anyone interested in these non run flat stock size let me know

quick2tr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
vipersrt10 -
not impressed, too much side wall flex, going back to run flats, anyone interested in these non run flat stock size let me know

Curious,

What type of driving helped you decide? Track, drag, or street?

OP
OP
V

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just around town, drag they stick really good, but in high speed turns any sterring imput is exagerrated to the car

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Add air. The non run flat pilot sports I bought are way better than the run flats, at every thing, track, autocross, street, drags, etc.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys

I did quite a bit of research on this issue. From a traction, handling, noise, and wear standpoint the two tires are the same, according to Michelin and The Tire rack. The run flat is a much stiffer sidewall tire and is also Y speed rated. Non run flats are only Z speed rated for the front tire. They are not Y speed rated as this car requires for bith handling and saftey. Run flats on the front wheel require a 10" wheel while the non run flats require a max of 9.5 inches. There are any other differences whick if you go to The TireRack.com you will see.

OP
OP
V

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whatever the difference, i just ordered the runflats to put back on, the sidewall flex is so bad at any PSI that its scary at higher speeds on the nonrunflats. So I have a set of non run flats for salee

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nutritionkgzexoti