Northwind 1 in seat lowering problems

Red94Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently purchased the Northwind Engineering 1 in seat lowering kit for a Gen 1 Viper. I removed the stock seat and tracks without any problems. When I attempt to install the new lowered tracks, they do not sit fluch against the floor panel due to two bolts on each track that protrude below the flat bottom surface of the track. I must be missing something, so please advise????? The original bolts that are supposed to be used to bolt the new track to the floor are not long enough with this problem. What gives?

Thanks in advance...you guys have been a great help for a newbie like myself!

Mark Hahn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of the tracks? I was also interested in the same kit, how does it look? MGH

OP
OP
R

Red94Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't take pictures before the install. I had to saw off the excess threads from the bolts in question to get the seat to fit properly. Northwind told me that the bolts should not interfere with the installation, but the excess can be cut off without affecting anything. Installation took me approx 30 min from start to finish. The lowered seat is definitely noticeable...now my line of site is through the middle of the windshield :)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I ask where you purchased your seat lowering kit? I have a feeling I'm going to need to do this. I see one on PartsRack, but it doesn't say it's the Northwind kit specifically.

Thanks!
Kelly

roofum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i installed the one inch lowering in my 01 RT/10 with no problems just bolt it . mine did the samee thing once you tighten down on it your done ........also file last two teeth so the seat track will go back even further .you cant even get your finger behind mine gives ya a little xtra.some other viper head passsed this on to me .good luck