NOS 5180 Nitrous Kit for sale

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of our local guys sold his Viper and removed his Nitrous.

It's a NOS 5180 kit with a 10 pound bottle. I thought about using it and gave him $450 for it. I have not used it and its been sitting in the garage for a while.

Any VCA members interested? If not, it's going to the black market...I mean eBay.

268nos-med.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct. It is a mild 100 shot system. Factory harness connections. It is a Viper specific kit.

It's a easy install. Injectors mount in the smooth tubes.

Many higher end systems still use this 5180 kit to trigger their systems.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry, is that the kit you had on your GTS when my ol' ****** Gen 1 RT-10 smoked ya? :D

I've seen this kit in his operating room...I mean his garage, it's like new in great condition, Jerry never put it on his car, I'm just razzin him above, but I did smoke him in my ol' ******!

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was paid a small fee to "let you win" by Anderson Motorsports after all the work they did to your car.

I don't know about "Smoking" me. It was a clear win and you were pulling away at a steady pace. I must admit that was the first time that had happen! I would never have thought a 94 RT10 could pull from me. Wait... I had better keep the NOS! :)

Yes I do run a clean shop:

268Lift2-med.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce,

It's hard to say how fast you will run. NOS claims that you will drop 1 to 1.5 seconds off of your 1/4 mile time. They also claim some Vipers have dropped into the 10's.

The kit is good for 125 HP and 145 lbs TQ

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960