Note the wheel hop.

Tagoo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My first guess is that you still have the original Pilot Sport tires on the car. If so, they MUST be changed for safety reasons and will probably cure your wheel hop. If new tires don't solve the wheel hop, look at your tranny mount and engine mounts. High quality replacements are available that should eliminate any remaining hop. Wheel hop is really bad. Half-shafts are frequently broken or twisted as a result of the hop. BTW, congrats on a nice car.

OP
OP
E

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey guys,
i will admit the tires MIGHT be original, but there is no dry rot or anything visible. ive had several vipers with any combination of new tires, woodhouse mounts, this and that and they have all hopped.
ive owned many different IRS cars and none of them hopped except the zo6 and the vipers.
i admit the tires may be a slight factor, perhaps mounts would help, but i really think its inherit to the design.
idk.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mounts really do help, I have been driving on PS 1s for the last couple of years and it was much worse with my oem mounts, different road surfaces also make a diffrence.
Ive now just upgraded my tires to PS 2s but I will not get a chance to use the car now until the new year :(
Another possibility could be the shock absorbers. It is known that not all shocks are set the same when placed on the car, it might be worth checking that out :)

There are not many other cars out there with 335 width tires!

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
E

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see a Fudruckers in this video that looks very similar to where we have our IL VCA meetings, are you in Schamburg?

close.
downers grove. that was the fuddruckers that was on finley and 22nd.