Nov 02 Automobile Mag. ZO6 vs SRT-10

DSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone read this article? Doesnt really appear that they like the SRT-10. ZO6 beats the SRT-10 by 0.2 seconds @ GingerMan Roadcourse?? What the hell is Dodge Doing??

DBK1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The writers are probably more used to railing around a Z06 than the SRT. It beat the Z in the straight line performance, but gingerman is a pretty small technically challenging course that would be tough in a car you aren't used to.

Any detroiters racing at gingerman on the 19th? I might....

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The article would seem to be a bit biased towards a driver interested in a "compromise" car, i.e., the primary concern seems to be comfort, with performance a close second. <FONT size="1">I got the feeling that part of the writer's opinion was based on whether he thought his mother could comfortably drive the car.</FONT s>

Road course testing is really NOT a good basis for comparison. Times can be VASTLY affected by a driver's experience and seat time in a car.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out Road & Track.....Viper kills the Vette. It's almost not fair. The vette shouldn't even be compared to the Viper anymore. The Viper is out of the price range, and out of the performance range of the vette. Great article.

Also another magazine....but forget the name....

AC

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I hear disparaging remarks about the difficulty in driving a viper, my standard reply is to recognize that when you get older, your spine becomes less flexible, your reflexes get slower, and indeed the Viper becomes a more difficult car to drive.

This usually ends the conversation.

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get all the car mags, and here are the results of how they liked the SRT-10 vs. the Z06.
In order of preference to the Viper:

1.) Car and Driver
2.) Road and Track
3.) Motor Trend
4.) Automobile

What is interesting is that they all talk about how hot the new srt-10 is and how cool and comfortable the vette is with the air conditioning on?? Put the top up on the viper, and turn on the **** A/C. Plus I got to race around in the SRT-10 at VOI, and I had shorts on, and I did not even notice any heat . Those cars were running on the auto-cross course non-stop on a warm day??? I did not feel any heat or burn myself getting in and out. Heck my 2001 feels hotter than the SRT-10??? One of the most amazing things in all of these car mags is when you look in the back and they have the 0-60 times. They have the Z06 anywhere from 4.1 to 4.7 in the 4 mags. The srt-10 viper they have from 3.9 to 4.5
the 2001 vipers they have from 4.0 to 4.6 ???? It just goes to show you that these writers are not very consistent drivers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohed2003