Now THAT is a trackable car!!!!!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In response to my previous thread...'Will new Chapter III be trackable" this is perhaps the answer from heaven.
Way to go DODGE. None of us could have hoped for such a fantastic jewel in the dodge crown.
For all of us who have spent thousands of dollars modifiying our cars (which were already very high performance) to be even more magical on the track) this is un believable.

THANK YOU DODGE!...THANK YOU DODGE!...THANK YOU DODGE!!!!!!!!!!

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge - thanks for having the guts to do this car!!! While I dreamed of something like this I would have never guessed that they would actually do it. A factory built, ready to race car!!!!! WOW!!!!!!

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember, its not high-way legal
frown.gif

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been reading the other threads and I am VERY excited that Dodge went this route. A few notes:<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>There will be only <u>TWENTY FIVE</u> (25) built in the first year. Think you will get one before the race teams, etc.? Better call Bill Pemberton last week (800-889-1893), but don't get your hopes up.
<LI>The car is incredible, but NOT street legal nor can it be made that way (guessing a VIN issue will prevent any possibility). Daily driver it ain't.
<LI>It does give one heck of a head start to a street coupe. I suspect that it will be prior to 2005.
[/list]

Those are my brief thoughts and kudos to DaimlerChrysler!

Chris

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alan M 98 GTS NY:
Just think of all the Sales tax and Luxury tax we will not have to pay for this gem. If you can't register it for the street the DMV and state will never know!! Also I have a 98 GTS for sale!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point Alan.

How long before the luxury tax is phased out?

Heck, throw some plates on it for the street. The cops won't know the difference and even if they did, what's the penalty?

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMcguire, This is a project that has been in the works for over 5 years. One of the biggest stumeling blocks was to find a way so that a pure-bread race car wouldn't find it's way onto city streets. This car was never intended for street use and I am sure there will be much paperwork which will be exchanged, requirements fulfilled and a tracking program in place before the first one gets into a customers hands. Lets not have one person ignorant of the law and the consequences spoil it for the rest of the racing community. There will be a street GTS in the not so distant future so don't think that those customers have been forgotten. Lets just take it a day at a time. This racecar will ultimately make a better a street car.

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know where you people live, but there is no way id put a car that low on the streets. Just getting out of the garage and onto the highway would be several insurance claims. Dented, dinged, and damaged ground effects and ducting.

But i'd still like to tool around TWS a few times.
BURNOUT.gif

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dmora brings up an excellant point. I am already trying to figure out how I would ever get this thing into the garage as loading and unloading would mean getting past a curb cut with a steep depressed curb. Street use, railroad tracks, road imperfections will tear up the front end. Another good raeson for never taking it out anywhere else than the track is the personal liability. You will NEVER get this thing insured since it doesn't have a VIN number (the first thing you get asked by a carrier). I guess there may be someone out there who feels he would take the risk....of loosing everything he owns and probably going to prison too boot if he kills or maims someone. Great trade-off for a few minutes of pleasure for some I guess.

Wait for the street version if you have no intent of racing it, you will be happier in the long run.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't overreact about the street comments folks. My guess is as soon as anyone would see this thing in person they would probably realize that it wouldn't be feasable.