Now THIS is a clock........

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

After looking at what’s on the market as far as auto clocks are concerned, I really didn’t find anything that I really liked or that stood out. I wanted something original, and unique, yet, be a great conversational piece as well! This clock started life as my front right brake rotor on my 96’ Viper GTS. After 6 great years of service it was time to replace her. I took the old rotor to Midas and had one side re-cut to bring back the luster. I thought I was just going to throw a few items together and that would be it. Unfortunately, when I start something, I just have to have it done a certain way. SO, I decided not only was it going to be an actual Viper rotor, but I was going to have it painted to my 1996 original factory paint specs. (I have the unique opportunity to paint it ANY factory color really) It’s hanging up in my garage as we speak and matches my car perfectly. I decided to have the clock operated via battery, as a cord hanging from it just wouldn’t do it justice. I used a 4” nail and mounted it into a 2X4 within the wall (All 22 pounds of it). If there’s enough interest and you'd want one painted your viper color, send me an email.

Who says you can’t do anything with old worn out parts.......

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Great! In fact it looks so good, it's hard to tell it's a rotor. Now if you put a caliper on it....

--- Ken

OP
OP
S

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Here's a shot on my wall. The guts were simple. Just went to a local clock shop (Or you can go on-line), they had one in stock. The plate you see that covers the hole is just a piece of sheet metal I cut out and fastenened it down using the two bolts at the top and two at the bottom where I put the rounded head studs through (I made a master out of paper and drilled holes to accommidate it)Just tighten it up and you're done.