Nurburgring goes Tango Uniform

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ring track and "Entertainment Center" is one entire complex.....due to mis-management of the entertainment side (trying to make something like Disneyland out of it) it will bring the track down too. I don't think you'll see the track disappear....somebody will want just it without the money pit of the other complex. From what my friends stationed in Germany tell me, the track is doing fine income-wise. It's the mis-managment of the entertainment center that has sucked the whole thing down.

Good for Greece trying to build an international racetrack that can host F1, etc. How are they going to get out of debt without investing in their future? If managed correctly, racetracks can be a huge money maker for both the track and the local business market.....jobs, restaurants, hotels, taxes, etc.

Cheers,
George

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NurbergRing must never be closed, it is the most historical track in the world.

Manatee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That article is almost seven months old. Any recent news/progress?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latest news:

The state owned company is bankrupt. Liquidators have been appointed. Rhineland Governor Kurt Beck, who was ultimately responsible for the hundreds of millions of wasted Euros, resigned last week. The state owned bank, which lent the money for the investment, is in need of a "bail out". The EU is investigating the illegal State Aid given to the nurburgring and may require the money to be repaid (to the state bank) but that isn't going to happen because there is no money in the coffers. Meanwhile the contract with the privately owned operating company has been terminated although there is an ongoing legal dispute about that and they are still running everything. A fraud trial starts on 16th October. Six defendants! Complete shambles :(. Enjoy it while you can because somewhere in the Eifel there's a man with a tin of Dulux waiting for the call to start painting a broken white line along the middle of the new nordschleife road.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They just need to make it it's own entity. The rest can fall away and disappear. The Ring can stand on it's own merit because that thing basically prints it's own money with the fees it charges. People will always pay to be there for testing.
I'm not gonna worry yet... just hoping somebody with a brain quickly realizes what needs to happen over there.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have driven it and it is incredible. Move it to the top of your bucket list fast!!!!

Here is a pic I took of Mercedes putting a pre production SLS to the test...

857.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang