NY/CT Old Skool Cruise: June 14

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old Skool Cruise:
Date: June 14
Place: Hampton Bays Diner (www.hamptonbaysdiner.com)

Time/Meeting: 8:15am @ Rest Area between exit 52/53 heading East on the L.I.E

After breakfast some if not all will :drive::drive::drive: out to OBI....Please let me know if you will be bringing someone so we can give the diner a :headbang::headbang::headbang: count...Adrian

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmed So Far:
Chazz + 1
Keith aka Tiger
ViperJon
Draco1 + 1
MKTaxMan + 1
*** BLK + 1
PythonPete

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to be at this cruise, but with my daughter coming home from her senior prom in Wildwood that morning on a 40 passenger bus, with a load of kids burnt out from two days of partying, I'd better stick around the house.

Tell the Diner I said hello. God, if that place could talk.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think my car will still be at Chucks for service so I dont think I will make it.

Yeah I spent countless summers in the hamptons and countless finished off late nights eating at the dinner. They were fun times.

Did you hear recently about the kid who was murdered there momorial day weekend in the parking lot? There was a fight and the young kid was stabbed several times.

Here it is -

A dark shadow of tragedy was cast over the normally festive Memorial Day weekend in Hampton Bays after a young man was fatally stabbed to death in the parking lot of a popular eatery in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

According to the Suffolk County police department's homicide squad, a fight in the parking lot of the Hampton Bays Diner, located on West Montauk Highway, ended in a fatality at approximately 4 AM Sunday morning after Riverhead resident Calvin Butts, 26, was stabbed multiple times.

Police were called to the scene after a 911 caller reported a group of men were fighting in the parking lot. When police arrived, they found Butts, of Booker Drive, lying in the parking lot in a pool of blood. He was transported by ambulance to Peconic Bay Medical Center, where he died.

The incident allegedly may have been gang-related, according to reports.

According to Maria Vlahadamis, owner of the Hampton Bays Diner, her husband Frank and son James were present at the time of the tragedy. "It all happened outside – nothing happened inside the diner," she said.

Vlahadamis said a crowd of men, as many as 20, were involved in the melee, all "attacking one fellow."

Although no one in the diner saw the actual stabbing, Vlahadamis said some diners ran out to try and help in the wake of the attack.

The town and the diner have been sparring over the late night use of the eatery, which includes loud music and throngs of people. Neighbors have also complained about the noise. The fact that the establishment is frequented by Latinos and blacks has also been a sore spot for some residents.

Vlahadamis said she thinks those involved in the attack may have come from the nearby Whitehouse nightclub. "The police were called there earlier. After the bars close at 4 AM, many of them do come to eat."

All of those involved in the attack, said Vlahadamis, were black.

Despite catering to the bar crowd after clubs close, Vlahadamis said disputes are infrequent and normally handled and dispersed. "Nothing as traumatic as this has ever happened here. This has devastated my husband, son, and me – emotionally, it's taken its toll on us."

The tragedy, she said, is indicative of the changing face of the Hamptons. "Unfortunately, we're getting a different crowd and element that's never been in Hampton Bays before. The Whitehouse runs hip hop nights, and you tend to get a different element. People just don't think – there are no morals. How can you attack someone like that? Do something like that? This has been very traumatic for my family – horrible."

Business was also impacted; the diner was closed from approximately 4 to 11 AM. "We lost business – it's Memorial Day weekend," she said. Business during the rest of the weekend was steady, but "a little down," said Vlahadamis, who said that might be attributed to the economic downturn.

Vlahadamis said the diner's bar, which caters to a Latino crowd, "has not been an issue" and is not related to the violence. "Automatically, people start saying that," she said. "But this was a different element, a different crowd – it had nothing to do with the bar in the back."

Although the bar has been open for some time, Vlahadamis said customers are "regulars that my husband knows."

Drinking is the common denominator, Vlahadamis believes. "When people drink – I don't care who you are or what nationality, everyone acts up. It's something you can never control."

Vlahadamis said even the crowd of upper class "city kids" drinks, too. That's why, she said, in the past after local clubs closed, bouncers would come to the diner and "keep an eye on things."

As for reports of gang violence Bob Desena, founder of Council for Unity, an organization aimed at fighting gang activity that has taken root and thrived in Riverhead, said any increase in gang violence is attributed to the economy and the rash of racial conflicts sparked by the ****** of Ecuadorian immigrant Marcello Lucero in East Patchogue last year. Desena said when CFU was initially funded by District Attorney Tom Spota, "He said the one area where he foresaw the greatest potential for this kind of violence was the East End. Now his prediction came true."

Neither the East Hampton nor Southampton school districts embraced the CFU program, which has played a role in dramatically combating gang activity in Riverhead.

Meanwhile, in Riverhead, relatives of Butts are mourning his death. One 14-year-old cousin remembers him as an aspiring artist who once had his work displayed at the Phillips Avenue School. "He was really nice," she said.

I would love to be at this cruise, but with my daughter coming home from her senior prom in Wildwood that morning on a 40 passenger bus, with a load of kids burnt out from two days of partying, I'd better stick around the house.

Tell the Diner I said hello. God, if that place could talk.

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmed So Far:
Chazz + 1

Keith aka Tiger
ViperJon
Draco1 + 1
MKTaxMan + 1
*** BLK + 1
PythonPete

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmed So Far:
Chazz + 1
Keith aka Tiger

ViperJon
Draco1 + 1
MKTaxMan + 1
*** BLK + 1
PythonPete
Mike + 1
Randy + 1

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll be practicing for the Open out at Bethpage Black all weekend, no way he makes it.

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PythonPete, for Claudios on July 5 we have to be there by 11:15 in order for us to be seated together. When it gets closer I will see if Jon want to head to OBI first then from there head to Claidios BUT as for this Sunday let's see what happens. Thanks guys

P.S. If we do have to cancel due to rain maybe we will do a OBI next Sunday first then go somewhere for breakfast or lunch and yes I know it's Fathers Day who ever shows......shows it's all about enjoying the car and hanging with friends

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather is all over the map right now, looks like just a chance of afternoon rain now for Sunday.
Fingers crossed, looking forward to an nice LIE run.......:drive:

OP
OP
X

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmed So Far:
Chazz + 1
Lou
ViperJon
Draco1 + 1
MKTaxMan + 1
*** BLK + 1
PythonPete
Mike + 1
Randy + 1
Sal + 1 ?
Joe Bruni ?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE: This event has been cancelled due to the wet weather :(
Plans are to reschedule another Old Skool cruise soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
PythonPete, for Claudios on July 5 we have to be there by 11:15 in order for us to be seated together. When it gets closer I will see if Jon want to head to OBI first then from there head to Claidios BUT as for this Sunday let's see what happens. Thanks guys

P.S. If we do have to cancel due to rain maybe we will do a OBI next Sunday first then go somewhere for breakfast or lunch and yes I know it's Fathers Day who ever shows......shows it's all about enjoying the car and hanging with friends

Sunday 21st????????????????? YES NO

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking the club should consider handing out Viper galoshes 'cause it doesn't look like the rain is going to end anytime this year...weather is ridiculously soggy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery