NY/NJ/CT Viper Cruise To Captree Sunday Dec 5th

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

CAPTREE CRUISE for Sunday DEC 5th .

Forecast calls for Low 50's and lots of Sun. Meeting place as follows.

We are gonna meet 1 mile south of the LIE Long Island Expwy (495) off Exit 51 at the CARVEL ICE CREAM parking lot by 8:30AM and 9:00 would be the deadline and when we leave for Captree to meet everyone else.

New Jersey Vipers. Take Lincoln Tunnel into the midtown tunnel. Basically west side drive to the east side. Midtown tunnel entrance is located on 34th street and 2nd Avenue. Once you get out of the Lincoln take 34th St this way you avoid loads of *** holes and street is pretty smooth. Bare right once you get out of the Lincoln tunnel and this will get you there on 34th St.

Let me know if there is any confusion

Don't forget to keep a look out on VCA for updates.

thanks and see you Sunday
DK
cell: 917 923 0625 :2tu:

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone from NJ wanna meet up on rt 3 somewhere??

i figure we could meet up around 7:30 - 7:45 & head thru the city together

good spot is the Clifton Commons on rt 3. Its between the parkway & the turnpike on the eastbound side

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tim keith just send me a messg and said he was coming so you might wanna meet up with him. besides Tim, Tiger, Jon, Jeff, CitySnake, Marc, Adam, Vinnie, Charlie, Jeff (1koolASP)who else is in?

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Tim, Keith, and Plum are coming from Jersey maybe you guys should meet CitySnake (if he leaves early) before the Midtown Tunnel on 34th st and say 3rd Ave and then go thru the Tunnel together and meet King, Adam and I by exit 33 right off the LIE. We still have several days to set this up just thought i suggest someting.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im hoping to talk city into either letting me buy him breakfast or me meeting him somewhere in the city.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was a Z06 owner :eek: we had a meet at ******* out east on Long Island (last March) where 32 Z's showed up, had some lunch and then cruised down to Jones Beach. That was some impressive site to see that many Z's in a line. This should be even better to see so many Vipers, a much rarer sight indeed. This oughta stop traffic :headbang:

Now let's do the (no) rain dance.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im game, im following, so whereever you guys go, im there....lol

nothing wrong with *******

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my suggestion:
The LIE eastbound from the city is horrid to drive (trucks, worn pavement, and construction)! I'd suggest that we drive out on the Northern State and then cross over to the LIE at the Norther State exit 37A which puts us directly on the LIE headed east at exit 46.

Much nicer drive on a 2 lane cars only highway. I'll be happy to meet any of the NJ guys in the city. At that time in the AM on a Sunday, the city is pretty open, so rather than cruising through the midtown tunnel, I can guide everyone from Lincoln Tunnel over the upper level of Queesnboro Bridge (no toll and nice view ;) ) and then out through queens to the Northern State Parkway. Maybe we can meet at 34th street and First Avenue?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. Easiest way (easiest=smoothest roads) from the upper level of the Queensboro Bridge is taking Van Dam Street to the LIE (for 2 miles) out to the Grand Central (at the old fairgrounds) and then onto the Norther State.

I, literally, must have driven this route over 1,000 times! I feel like I know every asphalt crack. There's also a Shell Station along the way (93 Octane).

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's fine with me...but I guess I have to wait to hear from the NJ guys. Maybe you should wait at that Shell Station on Van Dam a block south closer to the Expressway.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CitySnake-
I would suggest you stay on the Northern State all the way to Deer Park Avenue exit south (the exit number escapes me) and avoid the LIE altogether. The Carvel meeting spot is just south of that exit.

The LIE is a horror show the whole length as you said.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CitySnake-
I would suggest you stay on the Northern State all the way to Deer Park Avenue exit south (the exit number escapes me) and avoid the LIE altogether. The Carvel meeting spot is just south of that exit.

The LIE is a horror show the whole length as you said.
That's exit 42 South. Even better! I forgot that the Carvel is on Deer Park.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
city, you have an email.
OK, we'll just wait to hear from the NJ guys as to whether I should pick them up on the west side or the east side.

The plan should be to get to LEAVE from 1st Ave and 34th Street by 8:15. From there is 12 minutes to Dimitrios.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, lets get the NJ crew to meet at Clifton Commons (Barnes & Noble parking lot) at 7:30, leave by 7:45...then we can head in together & meet Scott at 8:15 by 34th & 1st.

what do you think?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i might be staying ion the city that nite so dont count on me. I'll meet in the city at 34th street.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's idiot proof directions from our start point in the city in case anyone's late or looses the group on the way):
Oak Beach Directions:

From 34th Street & 1st Avenue

Take 1st Avenue north (it’s one way) to 57th Street
(You can take the tunnel under the UN or stay above ground. Both merge at 49th street)
LEFT onto 57th Street
Move to right lane to make RIGHT at first light
Continue straight up ramp onto the 59th Street Bridge upper level
Over bridge and make LEFT at first fork
To traffic light and make Left
Go 4 blocks and make RIGHT on Van Dam Street (first major intersection-you will see elevated subway)
Go 2 blocks and Stop at Shell Station to pick up other Vipers

Exit gas station making right back onto Van Dam
Go under overpass and make immediate LEFT onto service road
Continue past first traffic light and bear LEFT onto Long Island Expressway (LIE) eastbound
Continue on LIE for about 3-4 miles
Bear right when you see Exit # 21 (108th Street)
Take Exit #22A East to Grand Central Parkway (continue as far to the right as possible)
Merge onto Grand Central Parkway East (4 lanes)
In 3 miles bear LEFT at first fork. DO NOT GO Straight or Right (which is the exit) for Van Wyck
Continue on Grand Central Parkway – It will become the Northern State Parkway (NSP) after exit #24
Continue on NSP all the way out to exit #42 South (Deer Park Avenue).
(Note: at one point it merges with the Meadowbrook Parkway- Just bear left and continue on NSP.
Take Dear Park Avenue south for about 7 miles (you’ll pass a Sunoco station) to the Carvel Strip Center on right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21