o2 sensors

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
going to be putting hi-flo's on in the spring. I know I have a bad o2 sensor now, how many sensors are on the stock set up and do you need the same amount when you install Hi-flo's?

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my gen 4, there's one per side in the manifold near the collector and one after the first cat before the secondary cats on each side. Because of this, you need them all to not throw a code on the gen 4. For a gen 3, you would have to ask someone but I think the 2nd set of o2 sensors can be bypassed without issue, but you would need the primary ones in the manifold.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a Gen 4, even with all 4 O2 sensors, you will still likely throw a code with high flow cats. You would also need the Mopar Controller which eliminates checks on the downstream O2 sensors. On a Gen 3, with all four O2s, you will not throw a code with high flow cats.

F

FrgMstr

so my gen 3 will need all four, so that means I have to go shopping

Not sure what O2 sensors cost, but you would likely be better off getting a tuner for the car with a tune that will turn off the downsteam O2 sensors. I did this without issues on inspection etc. You can then turn off the shift lockout and get a few HP as well.

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what O2 sensors cost, but you would likely be better off getting a tuner for the car with a tune that will turn off the downsteam O2 sensors. I did this without issues on inspection etc. You can then turn off the shift lockout and get a few HP as well.

This is a good point, but remember that the rear 02's need to be plugged into the harnes regardless if it is actually taking a reading for the computer. I know this from personal experience. I went with a cat delete pipe and SCT tuner. The CEL went away for a few minutes after the tune but turned back on quickly. I had to go back under the car and plug the rear sensors in and just zip tie them out of the way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960