OEM wheel lug nuts - 1 or 2 piece?

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi - are the stock OEM wheel lug nots solid(1 piece) or 2 piece (nut covered by a chromed cap)?

I have a running argument with a buddy with a 2002 ACR, I have a 2000 GTS - I think DC gave us 2 piece - he's adamant that they're 1 piece solid and chromed.

Who's right?
:crazy:
Thanks

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that if your nuts are exposed ;) , then they are 2 piece. Covered in a chrome "cap".

If your nuts are concealed but a cetner cap, they are standard one piece - i.e. not decorative....

Hope this helps....

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2000 RT had the 2 piece nuts (I changed them out for Gorilla lugs). So did my buddy's 02 GTS.

I never checked the one on my 98 GTS...

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 piece on my 2001 GTS (non ACR).

Do enough track events and the combination of heat and taking the wheels on and off enough times and they come apart.

GeneEllis2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2000 GTS has metal lugs with a plastic cap veneer. Its wise to take some extra lugs with you (if you stay with OEM) since once the cap comes off (and it ultimately will), the 19 mm lug becomes an 18 mm lug without the cap. I have found it better to trade out the lug immediately the first time the cap comes off.

If you go to aftermarket lugs, a question to ask is whether the solid lug is 19 mm or other before you buy. Remember that your spare tire change kit contemplates OEM sizing for the tire tool. You may be SOL with a flat tire if your aftermarket lugs are other than 19 mm and you have a 19 mm OEM tire tool.

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the definitive proof. You can get the solid American 303 st stl lugs from Partsrack and Sean Roe on the left and the stock ones are on the right. Look like 2 pc. to me.

You must be registered for see images