Oh My GOD!

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:crazy2: Holy crap! After 4 years of shopping, I just pulled the trigger and bought a yellow 2001 RT/10 (my first viper!)...:crazy2: Holy crap! I'm not prepared...what should I be doing/buying...:crazy2: Holy crap! I need a car cover...I need one of those California duster things...:crazy2: Holy crap! I need insurance...I need to join the VCA! :crazy2: Holy crap! Help! :crazy2:

Pictures at:

2001 Dodge Viper RT/10 (Premier Sportscars Co.)

Some more...

Attachments

• PremierViperWeekend2008 247.jpg
    PremierViperWeekend2008 247.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Yellow Viper 010.jpg
    Yellow Viper 010.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Yellow Viper 011.jpg
    Yellow Viper 011.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Life Is Indeed GOOD !

Congrats

Calif car Dusters at any TARGET / Kmart/AutoZone etc etc get ONE for body and ONE for wheels/undersills. DONT MIX EM

PartsRack has nice 4-layer cover w logo sport bag and car logo... Thanks. Having owned 4 yellow RT/10s since 1995, Ive got some nice yellow doo-dads you will like, sent free with your first order here......

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

:crazy2: Holy crap! After 4 years of shopping, I just pulled the trigger and bought a yellow 2001 RT/10 (my first viper!)...:crazy2: Holy crap! I'm not prepared...what should I be doing/buying...:crazy2: Holy crap! I need a car cover...I need one of those California duster things...:crazy2: Holy crap! I need insurance...I need to join the VCA! :crazy2: Holy crap! Help! :crazy2:

Welcome and congratulations!

Here is is starting place for you-how to join the VCA.
http://forums.viperclub.org/new-owner-questions/618923-october-1st-all-newbies.html

Do a search on insurance-there are a bunch of threads on that subject.

Where are you from?

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at Grundy for insurance, I pay less than 500 a year for an agreed value of 60K.
Grundy Worldwide

Oh and BE CARFULLLLLL!!!!!, take your time getting to know your new car, they can be hard to handle!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
........:crazy2: Holy crap! I'm not prepared...what should I be doing/buying...:crazy2: Holy crap! .......... Holy crap! Help! :crazy2:

PS in Colo:

COLD / Damp wx = formula for disaster, esp if you have 8-year-old rubber. INDISPUTABLE FACT.

You NEED A BATTERY TENDER for the Winter. FACT.

Dont buy any major upgrades yet...learn to drive safely and THEN see what you want to enhance/improve.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Always good to have more snakes slithering across Colorado! Post pics when you get them!
As for what you should be doing, RELAX! You just bought the best (and most attractive IMO) car America has ever made. Grab a beer, sit on your couch and day-dream about driving through the rockies. Don't worry about buying anything (other then insurance) ahead of time, that way you have an excuse to drive the car later.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posting a picture or two wouldn't hurt either.:smirk:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Step 1:Join Venom VCA

Stpe 2:Call JonB. and get yourself a Corsa/Random Tech setup... This is a must in my opinion, for these cars. Reduce heat, and bring out the proper sound from these V10's.. win/win..

THEN you can worry about insurance and all those other minor details:):)

Congrats, you bought a very nice car, from a great dealer.. My first viper was solid race yellow as well, NICE choice..

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...welcome lifeisgood...yes, life IS good, but it's AWESOME with a VIPER, isn't it??? LOVE your post~!! Made me laugh...great CAR! Private message your VIN# to Kcobean or Lee00blacksilvergts and they will upgrade you to VIPER OWNER ASAP!~! And, yes, please do join the VCA...call weekdays 1-800-998-1110...you may have to leave a voicemail, this is JRT/Viper HQ's busy time!
WELCOME!~! ~juli
(Are ya sleeping in the VIPER??? :drive::drive:)

Steve17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have not had them already, spend a few more bucks on a 2 day performance driving school. There are several you can do this winter. I went to sportscardrivingexperince.com and highly recommend them. I thought I was a very good fast driver until getting on a track and comparing it with a pro. 2 days got me dramitically improved for driving at the edge. You just can't get real practice on the street. Getting into a Viper without real high end training is a recipe for some expensive body work when playing on those mountain turns. A fantastic car, enjoy it!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrads on the Viper!!! I got my car from premier. Had 4200 when I got it three years ago. Now it's got 15200!! Bought it to drive it :):drive:

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats! You now have the color that attracts all the pretty bugs, especially right after you buy it! :D Enjoy!

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That car is the most intelligent purchase decision I have ever seen anyone make. Have fun.

Kurt E

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase!!! I just bought the red and silver 1998 GTS from Premier - they delivered it Friday night. Taximan1 was right - the Corsa exhaust is awesome!! Good Luck & Enjoy!!!

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am glad to see Premier getting some love from the VCA. They do support the KC-VCA with money, time and great cars.

Kurt E

vipergirl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS on your new ride!! You're gonna LOVE it!! Join the VCA right away- that's a must to get the best experience with your new car! Everything else will fall right into place!

P.S. You will definitely want that battery tender for the winter months! Jon B will fix you up!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang