Oil Filter Comparison study updated

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has been a site that compared different brands of oil filters and their constuction for quite awhile. I noticed that the site has been updated since the first of the year.

It has some new info posted on it along with pics. It was centered around the turbo Dodge crowd but the filter manufacturers info will apply to us.

when viewing the pics click on the blue text to the left of the picture it will take you to the manufacturing detail to each filter. One thing I did learn was that K&N filters and the Mobil 1 Filters are made by the same company. It was neat reading on a snowly cold winter day here in Wisconsin.

Here is the link:

oilfilters

OP
OP
S

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The previous link didn't work. try this one instead.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters/index.html

I will add a disclaimer. I only use either the new MOPAR Filter for the Viper or the Mobil 1 filter.

I was surprised to see just how cheaply the mass marketed filters are made and how the manufacturers even allow the warranties to remain in place when using the "cheapies" especially at some of the extended intervals between changes that some manufacturuers have.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little bit of trivia I learned today, our beloved mopar filters are actually made by Wix to mopars specs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96