Oil line leak

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just had mine replaced under warranty. My fan went south last year but John B set me up with a new one

Mamba, I assume you're speaking of the oil cooler lines? What year is your car, and how many miles. This seems like such a common issue. Like every other Mopar I own, there are common problems that continue on for many model years that they never seem to fix.

Unfortunately, I don't have the technical know-how effectively do a repair like this myself. So, the $$ comes as the price of admission I guess. She's going in on Thursday. I put 160 miles on her this weekend, and she's purring like a kitten though. I guess it makes it worth it.

elvis1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My fan had a few of the blades crack and it vibrated big time every time the fan sped up (air con or at running temp).It is a whole assembly of course. I wasn't referring to the oil lines either,just the next thing to go.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Probably should, but I would have to find a private mechanic that I trust, and so far, not. So, it's going be replacement Mopar.:D

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mamba, I assume you're speaking of the oil cooler lines? What year is your car, and how many miles. This seems like such a common issue. Like every other Mopar I own, there are common problems that continue on for many model years that they never seem to fix.

Unfortunately, I don't have the technical know-how effectively do a repair like this myself. So, the $$ comes as the price of admission I guess. She's going in on Thursday. I put 160 miles on her this weekend, and she's purring like a kitten though. I guess it makes it worth it.

Its a 2004 and still under the 7/70 she has 30k miles.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I do. If you'd like to look into making the improvement to an aircraft line/fitting setup, we could work something out to do both at once. Mine have a slow leak as well, but not to the point of dripping.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine have a slow leak as well, but not to the point of dripping.

That's exactly what mine are like. Carlo, I very much appreciate the offer. Since I've already committed this time to my guys and my tech,(and they ordered th parts in for me) and they take pretty good care of me, I'm going to let them do it this time.

But, if they go again, and/or as other thing may start to go (power steering,etc)I will take you up on your offer of help. In this way, I could learn something as well. In fact, I'll certainly help you with yours (not that I'd be much help!) if you want to do it.

Again, thanks, and that's what this forum is all about. Good peeps.

Scott

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got 'er all fixed up yesterday. The new Mopar lines look a "beefier" than the original ones. We'll see how they old up. Me dealer took care of me, actually not that expensive.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got 'er all fixed up yesterday. The new Mopar lines look a "beefier" than the original ones. We'll see how they old up. Me dealer took care of me, actually not that expensive.

Glad to hear Scott. Hopefully they hold up for you.

So would my car be covered under warranty for this? '05 with approximately 10k miles?

Any plans to attend OCMD for Cruise week?

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Carlo, your '05 should still be under the 7/70, so I believe you are covered.

No plans for OC, that place is a madhouse!!

Scott

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Might be right about that. My 04 3500 Ram just came off its 7/70 (lucky for me, since that 7/70 saved me THOUSANDS over the years). I think you're right, starting in 05, went back to 3/30.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I have this same oil leak....my dealer has been telling me for 4 weeks that the part is backordered..... There appears to be only one dealer in my area that has a Viper Tech..... I am coming up on my next Oil Change being due and I don't want to waste an oil change if they are going to have to change it with this part replacement.

Anyone know a good Dodge Dealer in Jacksonville Florida?

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First off, they won't wast the oil, only about 1 quart will need to be replaced. Hard to believe backorder, since this is a pretty common issue. My dealer had the replacement parts in two business days a couple months back. From what I understand, the repair is not that hard, any competent tech should be able to handle it - not even a two-hour job, I think.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just replace them with aircraft lines and fittings.

Probably should, but I would have to find a private mechanic that I trust, and so far, not.

I do. If you'd like to look into making the improvement to an aircraft line/fitting setup, we could work something out to do both at once.

Unfortunately, I don't have the technical know-how effectively do a repair like this myself.
Sure ya do!
Look right here----v
It was a common problem on both the cars and the trucks. Those fittings just aren't all that awesome.

Instead of repeating the problem, here's an option to fix it:
http://www.srtconnection.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11623.