Oil pan leak

mchafin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Took the Viper to the dealership today because I noticed a film of oil on the oil pan. The Viper tech guy said the oil pan was leaking. He went ahead and ordered the parts. He told me he was going to replace the gasket as well as put a new oil pan on just in case it was warped. Is this normal?? I thought it was cool just a little unusual.. So do they still make the old style pans or will I end up with the 2000 up style?? BTW this was my first time at this dealership and I was very impressed. The dealership was Buford Auto Plaza(Chrysler Dodge Jeep) in Buford, Ga.

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 99 did the same thing. They replaced the pan & gasket. The pan never leaked again. So, this sounds reasonable to me.
cool.gif

Warren 00 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you picked up your car yet? If so has your opinion of the dealership changed? Are you happy with their work?

I have a 2000 GTS with a similar problem, and am looking for the right place to take it here in the Atlanta area.

Thanks.

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put a 2000 pan with the new aluminum gasket, on a 97 GTS which fixed the leak for a while, but later had to take it off again and use a silicon sealer on the entire gasket. Track events seem to stress the gasket to cause the leaks.
Jerry Scott