oil pressure

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
since i took out secondary cats and added corsair track system my oil pressure is low, would taking out secondary cats cause this. thanks

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are absolutely NOT related. Your exhaust has nothing to do with the oil system in your car. There must be something else going on. You didnt say how much lower you oil pressure is.

OP
OP

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my oil pressure used to be 40 and then up to 60 or70 under accleration, now goes down to 5 at idle and 50 at acceleration

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the other forum you said you had the same exact symptom (oil pressure dropped to 5psi) after you had 2 pistons replaced.. Did you have internal engine work and exhaust at the same time?

Last edited:
OP
OP

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes installed cosair track exhaust and 2 pistons,also removed secondary cats and replaced w/straight pipe.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go back to who installed the pistons. did they check the clearance between the piston and the cylinder? Is the cylinder out of round? Did they hone the cylinder?Did they check and adjust the piston ring gap. perhaps they installed the rings wrong. What about the crankshaft bearing or the connecting rod bearing? It is hard to diagnose here on the forum as we do not know what the engine re-builder did to your engine.There are to many variables.

Robbie

OP
OP

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes im going to chech sending init and then have computer flashed to see if its the t.iming. thanks ill get back to you

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pistons and rings cannot be the cause. Mains, rods and cam bearings are certainly possible. As is the pressure relief valve being partially stuck open. Given you had 2 pistons replaced I would be checking those 2 rod bearings and the pressure relief valve.

Are there any unusual noises? A missing bearing shell would result in a pretty big noise. Note sure what else in the bearing are could do that. Possibly if grooved bearing shells were installed at each main, top and bottom.
If the installer has no clue

I would check the sending unit and relief valve first, as they are both readily accessible without removing the pan.

OP
OP

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no noise from engine at all.but car is very sluggest, no torque at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang