OK enough of the Vette mistakes

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I've had a lot of people say nice vette, which is fine, I mean I like the vette, it's all good, I even had a vetter guy walk over at a gas station & say 'nice Z06' and my top was down ... awkward. But, geesh I had 6 peeps this weekend say nice vette, or man I'll trade you my truck for that sweet vette, or wow that's the coolest vette I've seen did you do something to it, or (my favorite was) what is that? A Viper. Oh, is that the new super vette that's out? (face palm) So even the ZR1 is more known by a chick at a 7-eleven than what a viper is, really??

It really doesn't bother me, actually I can't keep from laughing everytime now, but I swear I want to get a windshield banner that reads "Viper, no, not a vette, I mean I like 'em, but that's not what this is, it's a Dodge Viper, so please don't ask, and yes it's Badass" (of course the print would need to be really small I guess) :lmao:

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I've never had that happen in my GTS:D

I'll admit that from a distance from the side I still get fooled that an SRT-10 is a Vette.

Ron

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LoL, yea can't say I ever had my 2000 RT10 mistaken for anything else either. Loved that car too.

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you should sell it and not worry about it any more.:eater:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it has more to do with the fact that people assume it's a Vette, cause it's obviously a sports car, and Vipers just aren't popular, so it must be a Vette. That's been my experience anyways.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you should sell it and not worry about it any more.:eater:
What and miss the laffs.

Plus I've already made arrangements to be buried in my viper when I die, we shall never be parted. Unless I eventually move to a later model yr ... but tell "her" that.

markus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i must be the only guy with an srt that doesn't have people confusing it for a vette. either that or i live in a more "automotively inclined" part of the country???

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, especially in black, the lines can blurr and in motion also I think it'd be easy for a anyone to mess it up, again doesn't bother me at all, I wave to all vettes that wave, etc.

It's funny how the car gets so much attention on one hand, almost too much sometimes, at least where I am, and thought to be a vette the next. Stop at Home Depot and a kid runs up with his girlfriend to take a pic of her in front of it, & I put them both in the car & take the pic with their cell for them, too cool. And then stop for gas and a vette guy asks how I like my vette ... just another unique thing with the viper.

JHill9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has never been called a Vette but my neighbor said that it must be the new Charger.:dunno:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just tell them thanks when they say(nice vett or any other)cause if you dont it will open up a can of worms explaining yourself:confused:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i must be the only guy with an srt that doesn't have people confusing it for a vette. either that or i live in a more "automotively inclined" part of the country???
I never get that except from little kids and the totally clueless about cars. Almost everyone around here (midwest)recognizes it right away.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL. My RT/10 was called a Vette, Ferrari, Shelby, Lamborghini. And just last week some dude suggested that it was probably built by the VolksWagen. I just said “Yes”

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't had anyone around here confuse the Viper with a 'Vette. However, my 07 Superbee I've had called a Mustang AND Camaro.:dunno:

BlkViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never had mine confused here....But I can understand people thinking they're a vette because no one sees Vipers. Im surprised that you get that response because it appears you have modded your appearance...

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They either know it's a Viper (90%)or they haven't a clue, but, it's never been mistaken for a Vette. Alot of people aren't "car guys", and they never give it a second look, however, those people would ignore and not give a second look to any exotic. Years ago I rode in a countauche (I don't know how to spell it) and I was totally amazed at the number of people who ignored it like it was just another common car. Many, if not most people, are just not excited by great automobiles. Their loss!:2tu:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 years of ownership and I have NEVER had someone come up and say or ask if it is a Vette. Not sure where some of these people reside but not here in Colorado.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats another reason why I bought the aero coupe with a wing and splitter which is about the only thing that differentiates the Viper look from the Vette for a lot of people. The base coupe and vert really do look like a Vette from a distance. GTS, no problem with or without a wing. It definately says VIPER.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hang out with the local Vette club here (Abilene is very small and I don't know any other Viper owners), and even the Vette guys think my Viper's a Vette with a body kit or something the first time they see it. One guy commented about how much the ZR1 and Z06 look like a Gen II.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you tellen me some people actually confuse these two cars..no wayyyy....

Last edited:

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a few people calling my GTS a Vette . Doesn't bother me.
My friend do get annoyed though when people call his Noble M400 a Lotus Elise :rolaugh:

You must be registered for see images

ChoklatMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll admit that from a distance from the side I still get fooled that an SRT-10 is a Vette.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Dodge came out with the body style and Chevrolet COPIED it!

97GTS got it wrong. People should be mistaking the the 'vette for a viper! The only problem is that there are a million meatheads driving around in corvettes that look similar to vipers, and only a few people driving around in the real deal.

I was at my first "show and shine" this weekend at the Dodge dealer who sold me my viper, and of 60 cars, mine was the ony viper. The owner of the dealership thanked me for bringing the car. He said very few people ever see vipers except in a dealership before they are sold.

Until Chevrolet changes the corvette body style, it's just a Viper "wannabe" bellybutton car.

That's that, and that's what I tell people.

A proud YELLOW SRT/10 owner.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea if you look at the pic of my yellow srt and my friends yellow zo6 then its very obvious chevy tried to make a cheap copy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960