Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Know the Gold Chrome Acr was not to popular _-_
But What about a Matte Black Acr -_-

[media]http://i51.tinypic.com/bkl14.jpg[/media]

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had no money I would buy a car for $200.00 and paint it like that. The first thing that comes up in my mind when I see a matte car is it was in a big accident.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even still... it looks like an unfinished paint job. Every single one of them.

:usa:

Agreed. They look like the body shop ran out polish and said "Here ya go and here's your sign."

Anyone who likes it just take some 600-1000 grit sandpaper (whatever you have lying around) to your car and take the finish off. Done. Quick and easy. :D

I know, I am old and set in my ways... I guess there would be one benefit--would never have to wash or wax it because it would look like crap either way so why bother?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the votes are in and I doubt Dodge will ever have a new street Viper leave the plant in a "matte" finish/unfinished. Lets hope not.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just finished a one year build on my buddies '54 Ford truck. He wanted it done in matte black. There is actually a low sheen to it (it actually came out nice). Even before it left my garage, 90% of the people that looked at it asked "What color are we painting it"? I honestly believe he is going to hate that question by the end of this season.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looks like shark skin. Shark skin is rough to resist surface tension to allow them swim faster;). So the Viper with a prime like finish could have better slipstream or drag coefficiency, thus faster:rolaugh:
I'd make a Viper with golf ball surface finish,lol.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the look and take it over a regular black, but there are other colours that I'd take over this one. I think BMW has a car in the same finish, and apparently its PITA to keep clean. Is it even washible?

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best paint job I ever saw was the Lincoln Marque X (concept for the Lincoln Mark VIII's of the 90's) and it was a tangerine pearl.....it looked liquid and that you could reach inside it.....so I gotta agree, the matte paint finishes don't do anything for me either.

I don't think a tangerine pearl Viper would be good either, but if you're looking for ideas consider taking a standard color and adding a tinted pearl to it....for example:

-silver with a blue pearl
-red with a burgundy pearl
etc.

Regards,
Aaron