OK - People are just ***** - on E-bay right now...

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a red SRT-10 being bid over $89,000.00 with about three hours left on the auction, At the same time, there is a red SRT-10 for sale on the same page of the auction in the same general area of the country with a buy it now price thousands lower. ($84,995.00) The lower priced one actually has 150 fewer miles. What exactly do people think with anyway????

I just don't get it!!!

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was trying to sell mine on eBay, I saw loads of people pass it by (Red- on the ground $87,000), so that they could bid up the "right to buy" something unseen with no delivery date for $14,000+ over MSRP.
Apparently, the morons haven't figured out birth control yet.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shill bidding is very common on Ebay and Ebay looks the other way even when it's obvious.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what you pay ebay if you sold a car like 85k Viper

I believe it is $40 to list the car and another $40 if it sells successfully. Not terrible for an $85K car. Heck, I may have to list mine there...

Chris

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have tried to sell several performance cars on Ebay over the past three years, including my 800 HP 514 CID stroker "Capristang" (long story, already told it here) a couple of years ago.

One guy with a similar car for sale on Ebay (92 Mustang LX w/460 SVO engine, lots of other goodies) sent all of my bidders emails telling them that his car was better, mine was junk, etc. This from a guy I'd never met, from somewhere in Indiana. I only knew he did this as a couple of my bidders forwarded his emails to me. One of my bidders also received an "anonymous" email from someone claiming they knew the car, and that it was a "poser" or something like that. I noticed I had no more bids after that interference.

That was my last try using Ebay to sell any muscle cars. I just stick 'em in Collector Car Trader or on my lot these days. In the Trader they end up online anyway.

I did learn there are lots of punks in the Mustang world (yeah I know that's a shock). I still like Mustangs, however.

My wife buys/sells horse accessories on Ebay, and I used to sell Mopar parts there. But as far as selling cars, I think Ebay $ucks. At least it did in my experience.

GregSRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought mine for $85k through E-Bay. Had a good experience, but probably could have saved a couple bucks by chasing around. A few cars have apparently sold below sticker on E-Bay. Dealers in California all appear to be in the $85k range.

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My other hobby is radio control nitro powered monster trucks. I buy and sell a lot on ebay related to these. Most of my experiences have been fine. Sometimes I sell used items for more than I paid for them new. The one thing I don't like about ebay is shipping the items.