Ok people!! I need help

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neat. Ill look at the Gt2 wing as well.

When I say "A little much" .this is a little much
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1020567&a=10162983&p=34127025&Sequence=0&res=high

Although it makes it pretty wicked looking.

Does that clear the garage?
smile.gif

This is a case of a wing that makes a car look VERY fast and I mean it.

G

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm getting the dual plane wing from parts rack put on my silver GTS. I like the look of that. But I'm sure there are people out there that don't. I like the look of a wing too. I heard the parts rack wing will slow down your times in the 1/4 by 1/10th of a sec from what i was told. So in that case, I would have to loose a seat, spare tire and anything else that would let go of 100 lbs. I heard 100 lbs will give you a 1/10 of a sec off. As far as stoplight drags go...I never get above 60-70 in a short blast..don't think it will have much effect on speed at those speeds.

Reaction score
Here's a few pictures to get you started.
First we have Jeff Ellison's RT with a TNT Motorsports Wing:
You must be registered for see images

Second we have the Parts Rack wing:

Third we have Autoform's Wing:

This is SVS's wing:

Here's Norman McLean's Autoform wing:

Here's the Hennessey Wing:

Also check out my photo point album's. The link is in my sig. Good luck

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As my post said, those are so crazy ;) I dont want the wing to be the main focus of the car. Hmmmm? I may be out of luck. They are all so HUUUUGE
smile.gif
But thanks for the info.

The search continues.

G

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not into the 1/4m so I don't know the effect on times but have found the wing/splitter and dive plane mod to be beneficial to the cars handling in both elevation drops and high speed cornering..

The looks are well.... kinda..... KILLER!!
bounce.gif

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool. I think Ill go with the wing like Tony has.

Thaks guys

Now 1 more thing. Can I get it in all aluminium finish

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, since you've decided to go with Tony Poser...er, I mean Vipermad then my post may be moot. Regardless, in the past, I was never into wings. I always thought they looked stupid. Until I went road racing. I then decided to get the Partsrack dual wing. When I first put it on I laughed at how "loud" it was. Within a day or so, I fell in love with it. I don't know if I could ever own a GTS without one.

And yes, you can tell a difference on the road course.

Pics of the install

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good. Thanks for the info. When you had the back open like that you should have installed the oil slick and smoke screen
smile.gif

smile.gif

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here various pics showing my wing, its genuine GT2, came white with blue stripes, ordered from a Dodge dealer. I had to make my own brackets up to fit it.

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you jerking our chain? I think every one failed to read the part of Gary's post where he said he can school just about every car except an Integra GSR! Not only should you school a GSR - you should humiliate that car. I lose to no stock Japanese cars unless they're modified from here to Tokyo - period!!!

I'd forget the wing and concentrate on other things, but overall, it's a matter of personal preference. I happen to like the clean lines of the Viper as it stands and other cars without wings such as the 360 Modena, 550 Maranello, Benz CLK, Corvette Z06, etc. In addition to the cars you sighted, I see mostly "ricers" with wings on their cars. Then again, the wing could be used to dry your clothes if you want to save electricity!

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the freeway I was behind an f-40, a countach and a diablo SE. They all had wings and make them look faster. I need a wing. All the wings I have seen are a little much. Who has links or pictures of some wings.

Thanks for the help.

G

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you have to ask yourself, "Does a wing really make my car faster?". I have wrestled with that question many times and have asked the board their opinion. The consensus was that it helps you in cornering but actually slows you down. My thing right now is going to the drag strip and am just starting to break in to road courses, so this would not be a plus right now. Sure, it gives the car that look of being quick, but at the cost of actually being fast. So for now, I've decided to leave it as is.
You can do a search, there was a recent topic on pictures of wings.

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice sig. That truly is the case most of the time.

Thats fine if it slows it down. 1 more ticket and I have no license anyway. Most cars around here I can school pretty easily. Excpet for those Integra GRSs
smile.gif
. But I have seen some wings that look great on the Vipre'. The countach wing actually slows it down 10 mph. I will be honest in saying that I would put a wing on simply for the looks. Until the Henessey TT conversion becomes cheaper and the turn around time is better
smile.gif
I will stick to look mods.

Thanks though,

G-Man

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I am back and forth on the wing concept. I think with the already horrible drag the viper probably has I can imagine a wing will do all that much except make it look meaner. I noticed the wing on your car, Vipermad, where is it from. I looks very nice and how does it mount.
smile.gif

Do you have any other pcs of it?
G

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I think the GT-2 wing is set at a neutral point.....no real downforce benefit thus not much drag. It's for looks vs performance of other wings for sale

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper