Old (new) member

BenDiem

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Greetings all,

Have been a member since 2002 (diff. username) and have owned a 2002 and a 2006 Coupe.
Currently own an '09 Corvette Z06. Traded the '06 SRT-10 Coupe for the Zed. Essentially, I just grew tired of the snake and wanted something new. I wanted to buy an '09 snake w/stripes at a few local Dodge dealerships, but no one offered a good trade-in for my old '06 snake, nor did they offer a good deal on a snake. The best I got was a measely $2k off sticker. Last year was an awful time to trade-in a used sports car. It was that awful time when the housing market and the car market were weak, as you may recall... I now find myself pining for a new snake.

I always wanted a snake w/stripes, which is why I traded away both of my snakes. Neither one had stripes. I believe that once I find the right car, w/stripes, I will keep it for a loooong time.

So, here is my dilemma; Should I buy an '09 or should I get a 2010. I realize the '10 will be the last year of the current generation, but would a nice/great discount/trade-in and great financing convince you to get an '09 over a '10?

I'm also considering an ACR. Is the ACR a significantly harsher ride than the standard snakes? Would that be a tough ride for sunday drives?

BTW, I received a pamphlet in the mail, Viper Alley, I believe, and a dealership in TX has quite a few '09s left over. Has anyone purchased from a TX dealership? Would u recommend them?

Does CAAP still maintain leftover 2009 models. Is there a website like "JeffHardy.com" which identifies where/how many Corvettes are available for sale? Should I ask my local dealer to see if he can locate a new '09 for me? What would u do?

Sorry for the numerous questions. However, I'm looking forward to getting back into a snake. :D

I don't have a computer at home, so my reviews and response(s) won't be accomplished until next Tuesday, after the holiday weekend...

I just wanted to get some feedback. Have a great and safe Memorial Day weekend.

P.S. How do I contact the administrator to get my old membership date back, so that I'm not a Noob? ;)

Cheers,

BB

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can PM me to get your old user name activated again.

I own an ACR and do not find the ride noticeably harsher than my 06 or 00. The suspension is fully adjustable and you simply set it on soft for the street.
I don't know what uyou mean as far as CAAP maintaining 09's but any new 09 is going to come with a full factory warranty.

As far as where to go to buy I suggest taking a look at the front page here to identify a site supporting Dodge dealer, might also check the classifeds as many of them put cars in there.

If you want stripes you might want to ckeck out the 10's as the stripes are signifcanlty different than earlier 08,09's.

Ultimately you will probably decide on color avaiability, financing, and trade in. Financing may be better on an 09, more color choice will be available on a 10 and any of the dealers advertising here should be able to serve you well.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where did you live again??? Texas has Tomball and I understand Bernie Katz has partnered with them.

Roanaoke is another great one to buy from and, of course, Woodhouse. Send a PM To Bill_Permberton and tell him what you want ...

Stripes can be painted or buy vinyl stripes. Easy as a half thousand bucks.

Something that might relieve your boredom would be a TT or Supercharged older Viper.

The ACR's came with track tires. If you don't plan to track the car upgrade to PS2s

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you live again??? Texas has Tomball and I understand Bernie Katz has partnered with them.

Roanaoke is another great one to buy from and, of course, Woodhouse. Send a PM To Bill_Permberton and tell him what you want ...

Stripes can be painted or buy vinyl stripes. Easy as a half thousand bucks.

Something that might relieve your boredom would be a TT or Supercharged older Viper.

The ACR's came with track tires. If you don't plan to track the car upgrade to PS2s

If you don't plan to track the car down grade to PS2s.....:lmao:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you don't plan to track the car down grade to PS2s.....:lmao:

Up or downgrade just depends on point of view. My PS2s have 20,000 miles on them. SLC will be a 5,000 trip for me. Sport cups wouldn't make it so I'd have to arrange a tire stop along the way to get more tires ... so that's why I wrote upgrade to street tires for the street. I wouldn't even want to try highway driving in the rain with the cups.

Ted:drive:

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 10 vipers with stripes look like crap way to wide go with 09

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't go to just any ole Dodge dealership. You will not get a good deal. Buy from Ringgold Dodge in Georgia. I have bought 6 from them and always by far the best deals.There are a few others out there, Woodhouse, etc that also have excellent cuctomer relationship and good prices. A regular Dodge dealership thAT don't sell but a few Vipers always will rip you off, and have less experienced and trained Viper repair personnel. (Viper Techs) The few good dealerships will deliver your car to you as part of the deal and you can trust buying sight unseen from them as I have never seen any of the past 6 I bought online and have never been dissapointed. Goodluck and I reccommend getting an 2009 ACR. You will NEVER want to go back to Corvette again. Let us know what you do get.....

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what financing is still available, but a new 09 would probably qualify for the same as a 10 :dunno:

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up or downgrade just depends on point of view. My PS2s have 20,000 miles on them. SLC will be a 5,000 trip for me. Sport cups wouldn't make it so I'd have to arrange a tire stop along the way to get more tires ... so that's why I wrote upgrade to street tires for the street. I wouldn't even want to try highway driving in the rain with the cups.

Ted:drive:

I just mounted Hoosiers to the ACR rims...and bought the six spokes which are currently being powder coated...soon to be wearing PS2 for the street. I hear ya...just foolin wich cha.

OP
OP
B

BenDiem

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Top of the day all,

I just returned from the long weekend. Thank you all for making me feel welcome!

I contacted the Administrator, hoping to get my old membership date back. I won't feel like a noob then. :D

I also appreciate everyone's responses. I will take everyone's responses in advisement.

I plan to do the following: Contact some of the website advertisers and pitch a purchase. BTW, upon receiving a Viper Days newsletter in the mail, advertising that Viperexchange has many 2009 Vipers for sale, offering $10K off and 0% financing, I sent Viperexchange an e-mail indicating I was interested in a snake trade, however, I did not get a response. Has anyone else tried contacting them?

I would love to get a 2010, but if the discounts, financing rate, availabilty, trade-in value favors the 2009 model year, then I will be happy with that as well.

First Choice: Viper Coupe w/stripes and aero pkg.
Second Choice: Viper Coupe ACR w/stripes, of course w/aero pkg.

And now the fun begins w/my quest to buy a new snake. :drive:

P.S. You don't realize how much you miss the snake, until such time that you trade it for something other than a snake. There really is no substitute to a snake!

Best regards all,

BB

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I plan to do the following: Contact some of the website advertisers and pitch a purchase. BTW, upon receiving a Viper Days newsletter in the mail, advertising that Viperexchange has many 2009 Vipers for sale, offering $10K off and 0% financing, I sent Viperexchange an e-mail indicating I was interested in a snake trade, however, I did not get a response. Has anyone else tried contacting them?

Ask for Bernie Katz (the Viper sales guy). Viperexchange is Tomball Dodge located in Tomball, TX (a Houston suburb) and is owned by Ben Keating. I'm not sure if he wants his cell number posted but give the dealership a call and I'm quite sure they'll put you in touch with him. If you ever get a chance to make it to the dealership, he has a special room filled with nothing but Vipers (30+). Looks like an indoor VCA event.