One lap of America at Road America

G

Gotvenom 08

Well the first day of the event started today(after skid pad) Since RA is close to me,I decided to attend and see the array cars.Seems a little down on attendance participant wise.The economy taking it's toll I would imagine.Here are some random pics.It turned out to be a great day there,and as always it's windy as heck in the paddock.But at least it didn't rain.
You must be registered for see images attach

Ron A from the Illinois viper region with his car.

A few more pics of George's car.(New England viper member)

MR.ANGRY ....Love the plate!

The first session they did a full course.In the afternoon they started at turn 5 and did a shortened version.After 13 they came back around and did the course again.Basically eliminated 14,1 2 3 4 5 corners.These pic are the starting point of the afternoon event.

Here's another pic showing how they started off the start line and then made a right turn at 5 to proceed around the shortened course.

Over all a fun day and nice to get out see cars on the track.:2tu:

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice event so it seems, but why are those GTS guys always showing their "I can sit in my trunk" thing.....

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
They put on quite a show from the spectator point of view...have been able to "catch them" drag racing in Indy and road racing at Putnam Park during past events.

If anyone lives within "reach" of a venue, GO SEE THE ONELAP as it is well worth the effort!!!

Support the Teams and the Sponsors!!!

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That yellow Z06 is my friend and fellow NASA-GL TT competitor(s), Todd Rumpke and co-pilot Danny Popp. It may look like any other Vette, but Danny spent the winter building that motor and it is a serious track car. They should do very well and probably represent a USA make's best chance to win it... Good luck to George. I don't get the front splitter without corresponding rear aero mods, which I would think would loosen the rear end and slow the car. Leh Keen (09 Rolex Grand-Am GT Champion) will be tough to beat in the Po'sha, not to mention the GT-R's.

Last edited:

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite a collection of sports cars. I know Danny has been running RA for years campaigning the Vettes. Nice to see Vipers in there, but really like to see some Gen II or I's out there also!

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there! My buddy was participating in the Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational that was going on at the same time. If I was in the 1 Lap I think I would have been a little peeved that they didn't let them run the whole course. :(

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there! My buddy was participating in the Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational that was going on at the same time. If I was in the 1 Lap I think I would have been a little peeved that they didn't let them run the whole course. :(

We ran two events at RA. One in the morning on the full course and one in the afternoon in a shortened course. The idea was to give the lower HP cars a fighting chance given the big course favors high HP cars.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We ran two events at RA. One in the morning on the full course and one in the afternoon in a shortened course. The idea was to give the lower HP cars a fighting chance given the big course favors high HP cars.

All i know is its one fast track. Ive had my ZO6 out there 4 times now and that place is very unforgiving. You better have all your concentration in what your doing. I almost made a terrible mistake going into corner 1, 3 weeks ago.Got a late wave by i should of never taken and was going way to fast, thank GOD for some great brakes or i would of been f--ked. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang